Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

maybe AI use multiple runways in FS2004? (pic)

hi all,well i was having a look at some of the pics presented at fsgateway.com and have observed the AI traffic landing at this airport.As you can see the circles in this airport, it looks like the landing traffic are using the right runway [from direction of flight] and the departing traffic are using the left runway,what is your opinions of this, do you think AI use multiple runways?p.s i am not expecting responses from the beta people, due to any NDA violations, i am asking the general public for their response,thx!http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/16615.jpg

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I noticed the same thing some days ago when this same pic was posted by another user. My only wish in the event that the new ATC does allow multiple runways is that it reconzies it has two actives and wont hold departing traffic becaise another plane has already been cleared to land even though its on another runway. I know in real life that there are many factors when releasing planes for take off during multiple runways and there is still a need for not having a plane take off when ones landing since it might need to do a missed or go around but were talking about AI planes wherethey land 1/4 mile short of the runway sometimes and can land pretty much all the time in 0 vis.Kilstorm

multiple runways for **your** plane or multiple rways for AI traffic??

I leave you to draw your own conclusions:"Multiple runways in use at towered and non-towered airports Request an IFR clearance while airborne. Request a destination change while IFR. Request altitude changes while IFR. Request full procedure approaches. Request non-precision approaches. Request a different runway at airports with multiple active runways. Request any active approach at airports with multiple approaches. Taxiway signs-you'll now be more easily able to follow taxi instructions from ATC. ATC detects IFR weather conditions and refuses take off and landing requests by VFR aircraft. Request direction to the airport

Nice, sounds good to me!Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Is that screen shot using Ultimate Traffic though? If it is then the mutiple runways could be the result of the AFCAD overlays...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest waltch

I do not think so, as I remember reading at various sources that the AFCAD-system will not work anymore in FS2004.... which by the way is of course a big loss.I hope that very soon a similar tool like AFCAD will be available for FS2004 when it is released.Walter

This could get interesting. Most 3rd party add on airports need Afcad for custom taxiways and parking. Of course Rafcad routines would also be out the window. Then, there is software like My Traffic, Ultimate Traffic, etc., that need Afcad for adding parking for thier AI aircraft. I checked the Simflyers forum and they seemed unsure. I also have Fly Tampa and the developer have put his next release on hold. Oh well! Fitz

The first thing I notice in that pic are the HUGE lights. Looks like Christmas down there.

Guest Ken_Salter

I think that MSFS (as well as other sims) have to "overcompensate" the lights due to monitor resolution limitations. In reality, we can see the strobes of jets from very far away, but on a computer monitor trying to scale so small a light source would basically eliminate it or make it so dim as to be unusable. IMHO :-)I thinks it looks purty...http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg

There are pics of Ultimate Traffic working in FS2004 (forget where I saw it, but I'm sure I did - it was KSEA too) - how would they have done those if the AFCADs didn't work?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Those screenshots are with Ultimate Traffic, and they are using the FS2002 style AFCADs, even though I have also read the post about the different way the AFCADs are used in FS2004.Just checked the AFCAD, and it's setup for arrivals on the west runway and departures on the east runway.It's nothing particular about FS2004; if you took the same screenshot in FS2002, the A/C would be operating just the same.Jameshttp://www.flight1software.com/ut/UT_FORUM_BANNER.jpg

well i certainly hope Tom remarks on this in his "Monster Review"cause this is a important issue.