Sign in to follow this  

used of FS maintainance with GA aircraft

Guest Marvel

hi I think Lago's FS maintainance is a very interesting program and add a whole lot of realism to FS experiance. But unfortunatly I fly GA aircraft and when I have to use full throttle for takeoff and climb out, the program just keep bugging me. Is there a way to tweek the program to match the aircraft you fly? Anyway I really like the concept that it made every plane unique for it's condition. Now my FS planes won't be like 100 pct perfect for always..

I too, have used it for GA twin like C421 and FSD PA42. I could'nt deal with a few of the continuous warnings such g-force and turbulence. One is required to disable turbulence in FSUIPC, however I felt that was too unrealistic for me. The solution is to disable some of these options in the .ini files.

Guest Marvel

well, I just move the beep!! beep!! .wav files somewhere else so it won't drive me crazy, and I think that's more realistic in the sence that failure and warning can occor without me knowing (no beep beep). It's like I can check all the stat when I when I finish flying.

Guest Moghdad

I tried the demo--the results were ridiculous to the point of hilarity. On an hour-long flight in a Cessna 182 in light turbulence the plane literally fell to pieces in the air. I had dozens, probably hundreds of "beep, beep" warnings while one system after another failed. There was never a moment when I wasn't hearing those warnings.Then again, the program was designed for larger planes, not GA.How do I get rid of the demo so it doesn't appear in the toolbar menus? There didn't seem to be any "uninstall" routine.

Guest Marvel

Hi Well, isn't it a full feature shareware? limited only to 6 hours of use per session. Alert Pro (http://www.flytechsoft.com) sounds very interesting and might work better with general aviation? But I think the price just keep me away from it, and who knows, maybe FS2004 simulates failure even better!!! :-)

Anxious to find anything better than the default failures, I did buy Alert! Pro. Overall, I'm pleased with the product. Not that it's perfect; but it's better than I thought it'd be. The price? What'cha gonna do?...Rick

>hi>> I think Lago's FS maintainance is a very interesting>program and add a whole lot of realism to FS experiance. But>unfortunatly I fly GA aircraft and when I have to use full>throttle for takeoff and climb out, the program just keep>bugging me. Is there a way to tweek the program to match the>aircraft you fly? Anyway I really like the concept that it>made every plane unique for it's condition. Now my FS planes>won't be like 100 pct perfect for always..Sure... check out this section in the blackbox.cfg file:; Check1: power; every 5 secs, log after 10 failed checks, check above max; min: ignored / max: 99% * 16384 = 16220Check1Name=PowerCheck1=1,10,8,0,16220Now if you change the first parameter to [3] it will only check once every 15 minutes. Now running any engine at full throttle for that long is bad for the thing. But btw, it is normal on any aircraft to thorttle back a bit after you reached circuit altitude (or even before), Just throttle down to 90% should give you ample power to climb and will make life a lot easier on your engine. Imagine running your car engine at max RPM everytime you start a trip.Mathijs KokLAGO