Sign in to follow this  
Bearracing

How many copies of FS does M$ sell ?

Does anyone know approximately how many copies of Flight Simulator M$ sells ? Have they every released historical sales data or estimates of sales for FS 2004 ? Just interested, quite honestly I could'nt even guess...is is 50,000, 500,000 or perhaps higher.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guest Joshieca

Don't how many copies of FS2002 were sold...but so far "as Flight Simulator enters its third decade, with more than 10,000,000 copies licensed (worldwide)."It would be safe to say that they should sell about 2 million copies of FS2004 before FS2006 comes out.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Guest Ian Ritchie

Wow, i estimated about a million less.

5:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest cast1010

Taking that number into account, imagine how much bigger this community would be if at least there were a place in the box or in the mini-manual with the web addresses of the major Flight Simulation sites.This is something I really don't understand, why Microsoft hasn't included in their releases these sites? They haven

Guest SoarPics

There are a number if simming sites linked at MS's FS site. What I find ironic is that one of the links is FSPlanet... which makes one wonder just how serious MS really is about stopping software theft and pirating.

Just before the introduction of FS2002, a PC gaming site published the total sales of Flight Simulator, since the early 1980s, as 22,000,000 copies. I do know that FS2002 has been their most popular version yet (in terms of unit sales) and an educated estimate (based on some numbers collected from the top software stores across North America) is something between 1.7 and 2.2 million copies of FS2002 have been sold. Considering sales outside of North America and others, a number approaching 3 million (for FS2002) is in all likelihood fairly accurate.CNN once reported that Microsoft's Flight Simulator was by far the most popular software "game" title ever.Bear!