Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

Aircraft

Guest sfgiants13

I just learned how to add flightplans manually. I'm currently working on Horizon. I downloaded flightplans, but can't find 2 aircraft. I need the Dehavilland Dash 8-200, and the Fokker-28. Could I replace the 8-200 with an 8-202, and the 28, with a 70?

Guest Gordius

I think the Dash 8 replacement would be fine but definitely not the F 28 for the other, I think the Fokker 28 is prop and the other is jet. I will look for alternatives for you tonight when I get home. Watch this space.

Guest sfgiants13

They are both jets, just to save you some time looking.

Guest Gordius

Ooooooooops!Thanks for the note re "jets", I forgot to check anyway.

Guest Gordius

The Dash 8-200 can be found at www.projectai.com and is referred to as the Bombardier DHA-B. The direct link for download ishttp://projectai.flight1.net/certified/dow...d.php?fileid=20The Fokker 28 flies at the same speed as the F-100 and the range is only a few miles greater than the F-100. The F-100 was apparently based on the F-28 which was an older aircraft. I think you would probably get away with using the F-100, that can also be found at projectai. Direct link for download ishttp://projectai.flight1.net/certified/dow...d.php?fileid=17If the F-100 falls short go for the safety of Airbus A319http://projectai.flight1.net/certified/download.php?fileid=3Good luck.

Guest Gordius

By the way I use a couple of books I picked up at a cheap bookstore to compare the specs of different aircraft when compiling any AI etc. Keep your eyes open, you should soon come across something. Mine are only basic but do give info on speed / range etc.

Guest sfgiants13

The great thing is I just learned how to use the PAI manual stuff. Now I'm working on Delta flightplans. It could take a while to find the Atlantic Southeast Delta Express aircraft, since PAI doesn't have it. What sucks is when they don't have the say CRJ-200 paint kit available, or the repaint I want, I have to use non-AI aircraft.

Guest Gordius

I can very much sympathise with your position. I am now using FSTraffic for my AI. When I was using ProjectAI I remember having a lot of aircraft with no textures at all! Don't forget that the skies will get very busy as you add more AI so using certain aircraft will knock your framerates for six, when downloading other aircraft for AI stick to small downloads and not the large and more complex craft. There is something called Project Aardvark somewhere I believe with craft handy for AI whose files are on the AVSIM server. I'm away for two weeks after today for two weeks and don't have the web at home! Dunno how I will cope, I am on the forum(s) all day at work. Plenty of time for sorting out my PC upgrade though.All the best