Sign in to follow this  

To Beta Testers for FS 2004 ACOF

Guest byoung

Now that FS 2004 is GOLD, I assume that Microsoft will not change or add anything else and that it is stable enough to become Release To Market status.My question is:When are Beta Testers released from their NDA? I can understand why things are hush hush during the beta testing. But now that it is GOLD, when can Beta Testers talk? Or do you think Microsoft will release more detail about the product.Most of us a chomping at the bit to find out about the new features.Does Microsoft think it will impact sales if Beta Testers talk when the product is in GOLD status? I assume when FS 2004 turns GOLD, most beta testers are pretty happy with the product.I know when I was a beta tester, by the time the product went GOLD, generally the beta testers were very pleased with the RTM. I would think the Beta Testers would be the BEST promoters of final product since they were involved with the development giving feedback, etc. In particular, I am interested in finding out what GAPS have been addressed such as ATC, Flight Planning, Weather, and AI Aircraft. Will we still need require to use our add-ons? Or has Microsoft plugged these holes that were nicely filled by third party developers?Would like to hear some thoughts on this..Barry

Guest H_Kev55

Since you've been a beta tester in the past, I'm sure you realize that the FS9 testers will be available for questions just as soon as the MS team allows it. ;-)KJ

Guest byoung

KJ,In my Beta Test involvement, since it was not a MASS production etc like FS 2004, the time between GOLD and RTM was very short.I wonder what this time was for FS 2002? I really don't remember any discussion except for the fact that FS 2002 was going to be delayed.Of course we had Sept 11 as well.. Everyone's mind was focused on this tragic event.Would like to hear from actual FS 2004 Beta Testers if MS Team has given them any kind of timeline for release from their NDA, or will they not be allowed to disclose anything until it is actually released in July (14th-29th).Thanks again KJ for your comments..Barry

From what I know they're not able to disclose their participation in the beta until such time as the NDA is lifted. Its against the NDA to make it known if you're a tester. So I guess they'll start talking as soon as the NDA is lifted :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Will the NDA ever be lifted?In all projects I've worked in you're not allowed to talk about the project ever to people who are not in that project themselves.What surprises me more than that most betatesters (except those who have special dispensation like some members of the press) have kept their mouths shut is the fact that we've not yet seen pirated copies of the beta version (or have I missed something) and people asking how to get around the timelock and other security features.

>Will the NDA ever be lifted?>In all projects I've worked in you're not allowed to talk>about the project ever to people who are not in that project>themselves.>>What surprises me more than that most betatesters (except>those who have special dispensation like some members of the>press) have kept their mouths shut is the fact that we've not>yet seen pirated copies of the beta version (or have I missed>something) and people asking how to get around the timelock>and other security features.In the past the beta's always were allowed to talk before the release, there is no reason to assume it will be different this time.Mathijs KokLAGO