Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

JS41 Best Altitude

HiWhat is the normal Altitude/FL used by Airlines operating the JS41. Also the manual gives a guide to fuel usage per hour but is there any reasonably accurate way to work our how long a flight will take, at the moment I am just using a rough guess.Glen

Glen

Well it doesnt fly that far, so l recon around FL19....could go higher, but never tried.RegardsPaul

The J41 is no muscle machine. I've been struggling to get it up to 16000 ft, and I've found I get best ground speed at about 14000. I was hoping to find a new race bird for the RTW race, but this puppy evidently ain't it!

Mike Beckwith

In the manual they state optimal altitude is FL170... I took it up to FL230, but it does take some time ;)

the highest l would take it is FL19, l wouldnt take it any further. strange though you say in the manual 16,000ft is the best, but in the fmc flight level it says 18,000so l change mine to FL16 and change the 18,000 to 15,000RegardsPaul

I got it to a little bit more than 30.000 ft.This was with an nearly empty test plane over KEDW.Its really powerful when its empty...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul,The defaulted 18000 in the FMS is the transition level, which is the altitude where you transition to a standard altimeter setting (29.92 inches/1013 millibars), and that varies from country to country. In the US, it's 18,000 feet. Above that transition altitude, we refer to aircraft altitudes as being at flight levels measured in hundreds of feet (FL190, for example).

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

For the interested parties, the service ceiling for the Jetstream 4100 is FL260. With a full payload it will take a considerable amount of time to that altitude unless you step climb which would be pointless unless operating a long trips with a full payload. With a light payload it would be ok

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I suspect people having trouble climbing have a full pax and fuel load or something close to it. I run about 60-70% pax and an appropriate fuel load and get it up to FL210 or FL220 easily (usually for segments an hour or more).

Guest csandel
I suspect people having trouble climbing have a full pax and fuel load or something close to it.
Or maybe they do not climb at the recommended speed 170kias/M0.35

i got it upto 20 thousand with ease with a gross weight of 21500 , but i have done only one flight till now,should try 26000 to see how long it takesvivek

i got it upto 20 thousand with ease with a gross weight of 21500 , but i have done only one flight till now,should try 26000 to see how long it takesvivek
Im flying this bird in FSEconomy. Less Fuel Burn = more virtual cash for my FS alter ego. I am regularly taking it up to 210 to 240 with REX weather engine running realtime weather updates and taking off at MTOW. I climb to 190ish at a good 1000 fpm + at 180-190 kts, then about an hour into the flight climb to 220+ to get better Fuel burn/range. Im flying it now at 210 with a burn at 490lbs/hour per engine at 205 indicated and 290KtsTAS. Bottomline it gets more efficient the higher I can get it.JB

If she is light, and you have a long time, she will get up to 35,000 ft, just above stall:Here she is at 35,200; not going any higher (the contrails are a FSX artifact I think):

Dan Downs KCRP