Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Dedicated fs2004 forum

Guest metamarty

So where is that dedicated fs2004 forum that Mstyles wrote about? Someone locked that topic and removed the link, stating that we should not expect them to "advertise a competing site". What is that? Since when is linking to another information source forbidden? We're not talking about any commercial activities here. Jeez, it's only a forum! :-mad

Yeah it really stinks!Maybe if the AVSIM staff got off their backsides and actually served their loyal users by creating a AVSIM FS2004 forum with hundreds of screenshots and information instead of just playing with their precious FS2004 press copy, then maybe we wouldn't need to go looking elsewhere for information about Fs2004!Its just incredible that AVSIM has a press copy and yet they are not actually providing much information to the AVSIM userbase about FS2004. Except of course for a few screenshot posts by a couple of moderators.Oh, I remember now... AVSIM don't want to give us too much information about FS2004 because they saving it all for a special big "review" when FS2004 is released in a months time.What a joke... We want screenshots and information now!Ok... Now that I've voiced my opinion I would expect the AVSIM hit squad to delete this post and ban me for life! :)Matthew.

Guest Aidi

"Maybe if the AVSIM staff got off their backsides and actually served their loyal users"For your information us "Avsim Staff" work our butts off for the flight sim community. If only you knew half of what we do to provide you with the Avsim website. I very very rarely get angry or aggitated by a post here in the forums, but you Sir have really overstepped the mark with that comment. Take a while to think about what you have said and take a little time to see what Avsim offers you for FREE. Perhaps then you might wish to retract your comment about us being lazy and sitting on our backsides.Aidanhttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

"Ok... Now that I've voiced my opinion I would expect the AVSIM hit squad to delete this post and ban me for life!"We can accomodate that expectation.

Guest metamarty

I personally think Avsim is doing a great job and I know they are very busy with fs2004 and as you can already see in the MS flightsim forum, a lot of folks get tired of all the fs2004 questions. That's why I was interested in a fs2004 forum in the first place. Hosting a dedicated forum, or placing the link to that forum that was already there seems logical to me. I just don't understand why a link to an external forum would be forbidden.Marty

Guest Matt Johnson

Well, Tom, you know we can do more than that.Since he clearly believes that we can't be bothered to "get off our backsides and actually serve our loyal users", that would suggest that he can probably do without access to these forums, or our Library.It is quite amazing what firewalls can do these days...--M

Marty, have a read of our usage policies. Those have been in place since day one of our existence. They are accessible at http://forums.avsim.com/toc.html and everyone is expected to abide by them.As for a separate forum, we go through this everytime a new release of FS is made. We always respond that this is the MS Flight Sim forum, and release number or FS200X series is irrelevant. All are addressed here, and will be. If we created a forum for every past and future release, we would end up with a real mess and mostly dead forums.

Guest hoohah

Gimme, gimme, gimme! I want it now! Waaaaaaah! Mommy, mommy the mean man won't gimme what I want for free right now! Waaaaah!JHFC, I hope to goodness people that post this stuff are less than ten years old...

Guest metamarty

Is this directed at me? If you took the time to look me up you would have found out that the only thing I did in my life was contribute to this hobby. I wrote numerous programs, including the server side of the squawkbox/procontroller system and I gave everything away for free. I never made a cent of this hobby. I frequently help out people who have questions and make donations to keep this site alive.Thank You,Marty

Guest jason2112

You're doing exactly the right thing. Reading what some folks above wrote really makes me sad. My sincere "thank you" to all AVSIM team members, keep up the good work, and please ignore these few annoying trolls ...VOlker :]

Marty, he was responding to Mr. Styles, I do believe. :)Nice to see you online and active by the by! Its been a long time.

"please ignore these few annoying trolls ..."We do for the most part, but some are so aggregiously abusive that we have to respond. I put Mr. Style's little rant right up there with email to freeware authors abusing them.Thanks for the compliment! We do appreciate it.

Guest metamarty

Thanks Tom!I'm still a daily reader of Avsim, and I pop up in the forums now and then. Sorry for starting this thread, I hadn't read the Forum regulations. :-badteeth

Guest hoohah

No, Marty, my post was not directed at you. I'm sorry if it appeared that way. Actually, the steam has been building for a while, from various posts on these forums - the emergency release valve finally let lose :) I feel much better now, really ;)I'll try to keep my mouth shut in the future...then again, who am I kidding.

Guest farmer

Sadly that,s not the case.Farmer