Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Dedicated fs2004 forum

Guest metamarty

Ok, that's fine. No offense taken. :-badteeth

Guest Joshieca

I think "MStyles" works for Microsoft ....he has 100 posts and I would venture to say that everyone of them has something to do with FS2004. Lets take a look at his screen name: MS = MicrosoftTyles = Ties (I am reaching here) :)So it all "Tyles" into MicroSoft. :-hah Sorry forgive me....

Bravo! My sentiments exactly, could not have said it better."You're doing exactly the right thing. Reading what some folks above wrote really makes me sad. My sincere "thank you" to all AVSIM team members, keep up the good work, and please ignore these few annoying trolls ..."Howard

Guest Ben

I completely disagree with your statments dear friend.I think the avsim staff are doing so much for us whether if it has to do with 2k4 or with another sims.If you have complains just dont visit their forums.

Guest Macs

I agree that the original poster was out of line.But lets get something clear here-avsim.com do make money. The amount of advertising(granted not popups-thank god) provides for quite a bit of revenue, also, lets not forget the avsim store and commercial sponsorships.Obviously a lot of this revenue is pumped back into the site to pay for storage,servers,bandwidth etc...but still...Some of this revenue must still be left over.Also, bear in mind that the moderators and other staff volunteer for the job, they know what type of people are out there beforehand.My 2 cents, and I really dont care for any abuse for my above post. It's my opinion based on the facts presented on this very site.

Guest Joshieca

>But lets get something clear here-avsim.com do make money.Hey Tom,Since you are making so much money can you see your way clear to give me a loan? I am a little short this month. :-lol :-lol

Guest SlimDady

I read this thread and had somthing in mind that whas different then stated.I would think a fs2004 only forum would be nice to clean up this forum for now. Its been really overtaken by fs2004 questions and what i wants. Often its just repost after repost.If the fs2004 could be tucked away for now it would make this section of the forum a little less annoyingIts to late to make changes to fs2004 since its being pressed as we speak.. So who cares what you want to see done in it, cauz it aint gona matter. I see no problem asking what new things are fixed. But when its asked ohh about 100 times it gets old, and just bloats the forums

hi,I love avsim, every morning I wake up get a cup of Coffee hit internet explorer and up pops avsim.com which is set as my home page. Without avsim Id probably quit the hobby. ;-)Thank you Avsim!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :DAndrew

>>>Tom,I probably came accross a rude. Believe me, I use AVSIM's services all the time. I call them services because that is what they are. Avsim is a company and that is what I was trying to state.Of course, correct me if I'm wrong ;)RegardsJohn<<<Two things; 1, you didn't "probably" come across rude, you "did" come across rude; and 2, You stated that ..I use AVSIM's services all the time. I call them services because that is what they are. AVSIM is a company and that is what I was trying to state. I've got news for you my friend, AVSIM is a website that is nothing more than a growing group of individuals (all volunteers) that do all they can to provide a site where those that are interested in simming, particularly flight simming, can come and join in on a forum or maybe download a freeware file to enhance their enjoyment of their favorite sim. You must understand that to run a site of this size costs money, so we do attempt to gain some revenue to off-set these costs, by having the AVSIM store and by having the banners you see scattered about, but if AVSIM is making so much money, then why did we have to put together a donation source so that we could remain a free entry site?I can't speak for Tom or anyone else at AVSIM, but I for one get a little.., let me correct that, I get very upset and frankly dammed tired of different individuals that post whatever they want with whatever opinion of how they think things work around here! Its obvious to me that you don't have a clue, but you somehow have convinced yourself that you do. Sorry if this sounds a bit "rude", but it was meant to be.As far as MStyles and his posting, I have no comment, other than to say that I hope that he or she never meets me in person. Under those circumstances, I may have a comment or two.Steve CartwrightSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM Online

For now, I'd say hold off on the harsh reactions against this poster. When I read Matthew's posting, a certain sense of sarcasm presents itself, as obviously in literal meaning, this post is far too unbelievable. Just my observations.Regards,Canadian Hawk.

I know where there is a dedicated FS2004 forum !! Trouble is that it only has about 20 posts -- all questions with no answers. That is because nobody has FS2004 - except the people who have the beta version with NDAs and press release copies. So - at this point in time. there is really no point in having an FS2004 only forum. However, when the new Sim IS released, I believe that I would like to see an exclusive forum for it -- and if AVsim doesn't provide one , then so be it. But I will then frequent that other forum as I will be wanting info and discussion on FS2004 ONLY .Barry

Guest KenG

Hahahahahaha :-lol ;-)Thanks for the laugh Macs. It was much needed."Avsim makes lots money." That's just too funny.However, it would explain all those Caribbean getaways for Tom and the Avsim staff. ;-)