Sign in to follow this  

Bob Bernstein's Harvey Fld Is Here!!

Guest Ken Meier

Get it in the library, harvey2k2.zipIf you fly the northwest US and GA aircraft this is a must-have. Harvey is just 48 miles NE from EmmaBob says it best from the read-me file;"Probably my favorite airport in the world, Harvey Field is a wonderful bubble of activity. Along with a lot of GA activity, there is a skydiving school located just west of the main fuel area, and a ballooning company nearby. Family owned for generations, the property became an airport in the 40s. Prior to that, the land was farmed, and the barn and some farm outbuildings remain standing today. The grey house near the south end of the airport is the original homestead. The Harvey's still own and operate the airport. Candace is the boss, with her kids serving many critical roles."Thank you Bob.

Guest nhill

Yea! Yea! Thanks Bob for this updated version of Harvey Field, one that should move easily into FS2004. This will become my "home" field as soon as it's downloaded. I only regret that that I'm a little hesitant to visit it on foot again after the airports are so tight on security after 9/11. Keep up the good work.

Guest Lobaeux4

I'm going to have to try this out. I graduated from Snohomish High School many years ago and went to school with Lance, one of the Harveys. In fact, I dated the two sisters who used to live in the farm house across the street from Harvey field, lol. Talk about a small world!

Guest WorkingStiff

Both sisters? :-8Great scenery, but what's with the install.bat file? I installed it manually to check it out and hopefully everything is in the correct place.

Guest Lobaeux4

LOL, yes both sisters. Both sisters attended a seventh day adventist high school, but their mom thought they should see public school at least once. So the older sister attended Snohomish High her junior year, then her younger sister attended the following year, again her junior year. Funny how things just work out like that. LOL!Lost touch with everyone from that area though, hopefully someday I'll get to go back.

Guest WorkingStiff

Interesting!How far is that from Walla Walla? I have a very good friend who is a professor at Walla Walla College, an SDA school in WA.This scenery is very good; I'm comparing to the pictures at the Harvey Field website at http://www.harveyfield.com/ and it looks like an exact replica...right down to the power lines. All I need now is an AFCAD file to have some GA buzzing around.

oops, meant to remove that before I uploaded.Sorry. It won't do any harm, it would just try to create the folders that you already have and try to copy the files into those folders, so It would just leave you with an indentical layout of files.Bob Bernstein

Thanks, I'm kindof AFCAD challenged...others have mentioned it. I'd love someone to add such a file.Bob Bernstein

Guest WorkingStiff

Bob, I was just wondering about the batch file since I have a specific method for scenery installations and I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.Regarding the AFCAD file, I'll work on one later today.Thanks very much for designing this scenery.

Guest racartron

My goodness, Bob. You have out done yourself with Harvey Field. This is one of the best little airport enhancements I've ever downloaded -- free or otherwise. Only thing missing is the human touch -- sounds and folks and cars, etc. I've already fired up LAGO's FSSE and FSSS to "populate" the place. This field is going into my preset flight list as one of my favorite default spots.Some AFCAD work does need to be done as FS does have several parking spots setup in the default mode. So far I've managed to crash into the INSIDE of a hanger when starting from Small parking space 3 (I think that's the number). So decided to begin on the runway for safety reasons :-)BTW, I'm using FSGenesis' 38.2meter terrain mesh and everything fits together fine. Sadly there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about the seams between photoreal and traditional landclass elements -- at least not yet - so no sense in fretting over it.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Thanks for you kind post. Glad you like Harvey. I can't wait to see the enhancements you and others can offer for Harvey. What a cool concept, kind of freeware teaming!btw, while some "seams" are likely going to occur, I'm always interested in trying to hide them....so lets all continue to engage in brainstorms over the issue. With Harvey, and Elma/bowerman, I've married the landclass from the default to the edges of my textures, to hide seams best I know how. Roads I've connected. the biggest seam element I didn't deal wit was the river. Its such a shame that the defualt river is just a little line, especially when you can see how grand the real river is. Best regards,Bob Bernstein

Thank you, Bob, for your efforts. I'm gonna download it right now! And I'm sure it is gonna be as outstanding as your other sceneries.

Guest WorkingStiff

Well...I managed for make my computer crash after working for almost an hour on the AFCAD and not saving the file. I think was a problem related to the video card and the amount of textures it had to render as I was slewing around. Then the computer crashed and I lost all my work...I'll start over and I expect to go faster the second time around.

Guest Lobaeux4

For the previous post, Walla Walla is quite a ways from Snohomish. You've got to go across the coast and into western washington. Snohomish is actually outside of Everett (home of one of Boeing's factories) in Snohomish County.

Guest racartron

Didn't realize you were the Elma/Bowerman guy. That is another of my most enjoyable add-ons. Guess I'd better start paying closer attention :-)Both Harvey and Elma/Bowerman remind me of my youth. I used to spend a lot of time wandering around the local airports (in Lynchburg, VA) eyes all bugged out at the myriad of stuff. Even joined the Civil Air Patrol as a teenager and spent many happy hours flitting about the Blue Ridge Mountains in an old Piper J-3 with electricians tape and binding twine holding the engine air intakes in place.My job was to sit in the front seat with tape and twine in hand in case we had a minor in-flight emergency. Now that would get your adrenaline going in a hurry.Ahhhhhhh, those were the days. That's what I love so much about FS2K2. I can relive all those awesome moments and this time around even pilot the old birds. A little spritz of castor oil in the face completes the memory :-)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what