Sign in to follow this  
gosta

atis

In fsk,if you listen to the ATIS it gives the runway in use but when you tune into dep in fsk it will assign you to a diffrent rwy other than atis..Is there anyway I can fix thisAlpha35

Hi Alpha35,It sounds like the ATIS being reported when you first tune in is from your previously flown flight and when you update the weather, the new runway assignment is in effect. What I do is before tuning into the ATIS is to always update my weather first. This will ensure the ATIS and the weather engine are in sync. Don't be surprised if some of your AI aircraft use another runway in the first few minutes of your new flight. It takes a few minutes for the Ai guys to catch up :-)Hope this helps!Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

thans a million should i update the wx in fsk or activesky?Alpha35

Are you trying to use FS weather and ActiveSky together? I hope not.If you're just using ActiveSky, check the following options: 'Disable forced Wind Updates' and 'Disable all wx updates when forced'. Also, make sure the force range is higher than the distance from the airport at which you are most likely to be given descent clearance, e.g. following the 3-to-1 rule, FL350 would give you a TOD about 105nm from the airport. Set the force range to 120, and you'll be fine.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg