Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

CSI Forum

Guest Coneman

I see that the CSI forum is gone and am not too surprised. I think if you produce freeware or payware these days for FS you have to have a pretty thick skin. That's not to excuse the punks who demand release every five minutes, you just have to take them for what they are worth. So don't let it get to you CSI. Otherwise they will win. And that would be tragic for all of us.Todd

Hi Todd,CSI had already announced the closure of their forum prior to the most recent exploits of some children. So I think the events of the past few days just influenced the decision of when, rather than if, the forum was going to be shut down.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Coneman

Hi Gosta,Yes they have been planning on shutting it down. I don't know if you saw their last post, but it was one of complete frustration. I can't blame them, but at the same time I think you have to let a lot of that stuff roll off your back, and not take it so seriously. I know if my kids start getting whiny and demanding, they are simply ignored.Todd

Can you give me the link to their website? I had it in my favorites but its gone now.Thanks

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey, There are two qualites you need to be a devloper, payware or freeware. Firstly you need to have a desire to produce an excellent product at the end of an extensive production cycle. Secondly you need to be able to put aside silly little idiots. CSi can moan all they like about "little children" all they like until they are blue in the face. They aren't the first ones and they sure as hell won't be the last. It seems sad to me that they let a few people ruin it for others. That being said if they want to be stupid about it all, childish closing of forums for whatever reasons, moan about lack of time then so be it. You may think I am flaming CSi, but I am not. They do produce quality aircraft, I enjoy flying their aircraft. They even threatened to cancel projects which is just silly not to mention childish. @CSi; take what you want from this post, laugh or take note. Your not the only FS Group and you won't be the last. If you don't have the time nor the energy don't do it! If you can, then all the better for us because you do a great job. Just stop the moaning about two or three people! @Everyone Else; Go on, flame me down....

-----------------------[bR]Matthew Murray[bR]Jet-Precision[bR]

http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest crashing_pilot

taking out his flamethrower....lights up his cigarette...and says:i agree on this one bro!! :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol

They started to hang them selves :-hang when they mentioned a release date. When they where unable to make that deadline they never informed anybody about that for a long period of time.Even when it's a freeware product (and a nice one) you should communicate to those who would love to use that product.Because some people could not resist to behave them selves (on both sides) was not very mature, but the world is still spinning around...:-erksThe site is still on, so who knows...Lately much more freeware is getting payware also, these things doesn't help to keep it freeware. Just because of some childish behavior...:-hmmm

Guest CharlesH

I cannot agree with you regarding "hanging themselves." Things happen real life, personal life ect. Some people just cannot give them a break. Those few bad apples are the ones to be blamed. Its is disappointed to me that those few individuals who just cannot wait and be thankful that CSI is making those great planes in the first place. What ever happend to a simple thank you for your hard work and let them do what they do best, design and paint planes. I do hope that CSI still will make planes for everyone to enjoy and admire. Maybe closing the forum down is a good thing for them, at least they don't have to deal with those "few" individuals who give them a hard time and devote themselves to doing what they do best.Thanks CSI I do admire your work and dedication in makings FS fun for me and a whole alot of peopleCharles

Guest panzerschiffe

And what about their MD-11 and 717? You really couldn't get these awesome aircraft anywhere else but CSI's site. When they switched to the new site, these aircraft were no longer mentioned, no longer downloadable. These aircraft are what endeared simmers to CSI in the first place, and now they're all gone.