Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

What's the specs of most Simmer's machines???

I just bought a Dell P4 2.6gig 800mhz bus, ATI 9700pro video card (Should have got this thing with WindowsXP Pro instead of Home, doesn't seem to be too much of a difference even though I can't set permissions anymore). FS runs great on this machine but still stutters from time to time. I was wondering what machine most of you simmers are using these days (What's the standard box that most of you guys have. It seems to be around 2ghz and above)??? Will you guys upgrade as I have for FS2004 or keep what you've got???Just wondering...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest ba747heavy

My specs are in my sig. I am not planning to upgrade to run FSCoF, but that might change if I get some money. My computer could use some work, but...... :)

Hi Guys,I might as well include mine:DELL XPSP4 HT 3GHz / 800 MHz Front Side Bus1024 MB DDR SDRAM @ 400 MHz128MB Radeon 9800120 GB Ultra Hard DriveI just got this a week ago and I love it.-Norbert-

I am very happy with the way FS2002 runs on my computer, and expect that FS2004 will also run great.Smooth simming.

I am very happy with my setup although I am seriously considering a power supply upgrade and a step to an ATI 9600Pro video card. I don't think I can afford a 9800 and I don't think there is much difference between the 9700 and the 9600 as far as FS is concerned. I am waiting to do the upgrades shortly after FSaCOF is released.P4 2.66Ghz 533Mhz FSB768MB PC2700 Mushkin memoryMSI GeForce4 Ti4200 8x AGPHercules GameSurround 7.1 sound card120GB 2MB Cache Hard drive350W Power Supply

Guest pez_man

AAARGH! Stop this now! :-) Actually, up until now I've been very pleased with the speed I've got from my 1.4 GHz Celeron, 448Mb RAM, Geforce 3ti200-powered computer, but since I got Ultimate Traffic and with FSCOF and PMDG:s 737 coming soon, I think I'll have to have a chat with my bankman! :-) Them new HT P4:s look mighty fine!!/fredrik

Intel Pentium 4 processor 1.9 GHzNVIDIA Geforce2 MX400 grapic card256MB RAM57.27GB Hard DriveWindows 98Im not sure about the other stuff my computer has.I will be updating the graphics card for FS2004, and I will be upgrading to get a faster and smoother running game.

Guest crashing_pilot

amd athlon xp1800+soltek mobogeforce4 mx440soundblaster livewin98(trimmed)i'm very happy with this puter,got it about two weeks ago via a friend who got it cheap for me :-) (200 euro),upgraded from a p3 500,i'm so amazed that i probably won't upgrade my kit,even if i had the money(darned recessions :-( ),cos i'm still amazed at what i see ;-)

Guest cw1011

I am driving an old Dell Dimension 8100. I purchaed it a bit over two years ago, refurbished, from Dell. I've since upped the memory to over 768 megs, upgraded the graphics card to a Ti 4200, and twice upgraded the processor from the 1.4 gig p4 that came with the system. II'm now running, thanks to a $50 Powerleap socket 423 adapter, a 2.6 gig, 400 FSB P4 on the system, proving that you can breathe new life into an old horse. I think I'm going to hold out until the next generation of Intel chips comes out and we top 4 gigs before thinking about a new box. I have taken this one as far as it will go, however, other than a possible move to a Radeon 9700 pro, which I think will have the legs to make the move to my next machine. Not there yet, though. Colin

Guest outtatimeiii

My computer seems to be below spec on this thread LOL. I dont care though LOL, as long as it boots up and lets me work and play games, its all good! :)

Guest Captain Barfbag

I may be a classic underachiever here. Just a 1.8 GHz Pentium with a Geforce 2. CH Yoke and pedals, wife and almost-teenage daughter complete the picture. When I can't get a word in edgewise (with ATC, not the ladies) then I know I've got too much AI, so I cut that back before it's the worst thing for my framerates.On the other hand, have you looked at the Lago site pictures of Venice? If ever there was a reason to upgrade, this might be it. I could almost hear the gondoliers harmonizing by the Rialto...

What frame rates are you getting?Abe

Guest Maul

Check me out!EricArea51Intel