Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

Looking for a car to drive!

Guest Vulcho

What's that wind cone doing in the antenna spot? :)Driver needs wind advisories while going 40mph around tress on a steep hill. :DAwesome work guys!

This vehicle either needs a new bright orange paint job or at least a washing to remove the brown mud which makes it easily mistakeable for a deer or elk - as is attested to by the bullet hole in the windshield.Great addition! Hope it will be available for download. I like to take a drive once in while - although I have run into some invisible trees or buildings once in a while.

Guest odog

>Also..... It's a Chevy Blazer, Not a Ford Bronco :-)>>I have a similar problem when people call my Ford Ranchero a>Chevy El Camino :-lol>>Briantrust me its a Bronco... :-roll besides my dog wouldnt be caught dead in a Chevy.. :-erks ha ha hathey are quite similar tho, seems like the only defining characteristic is the front grill.Plus, this was a one week job for our new team and some corners were cut. Its not as accurate as I would make a plane.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/17620.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/17622.jpg

Guest Esselbach

I've tried a couple of the freeware vehicles by Bill Lyons but they were totally and completely uncontrollable and impractical.

Guest racartron

Hmmm, I use all of his earth bound stuff and don't have any problems controlling them. Did you set auto rudder on? Bill recommends this to improve the handling.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest Captain Barfbag

WHAT?!?!! No fuzzy dice?

Guest Esselbach

>Hmmm, I use all of his earth bound stuff and don't have any>problems controlling them. Did you set auto rudder on? Bill>recommends this to improve the handling.>>Racartron>>it means something, but I just can't remember whatI'll give that a try.thanks man-Andrew

Guest Esselbach

ok, just took his JAG out for a quick spin (literally :()I turned on that autorudder option but anything over 40 mph and the car would go out of controll, start spinning, and even drive sideways.heck, small aircraft are even easier to controllI hope this Bronco is easy to use-Andrew

Guest Lindy

It's not just you, Andrew. I drive that same Jag and have some difficulty with it too. If I'm VERY careful, I can manage to drive around through a city......Las Vegas, specifically -- a great drive. I've also tried the Indian motorcycle but had to finally delete it as, for me, IT was uncontrollable. (Plus I really didn't like the looks of the rider with his one leg extended to the ground while driving!) I'm really looking forward to driving this Bronco around. I've been in the market for an SUV (real world) and this is probably all I'd ever be able to afford!! :-lol -Lindy :-wave

Guest Lizardo

I just drove it from Kodiak PADQ to KOFF (Don Moser's office, at kodiak2002.zip) on 2k2 roads most of the way. Have to keep your speed reasonable and your eyes open of course...like in real life. Across the desert she'll top 100kts.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/17681.jpg

Wow! I never expected such a great response on this. Thanks for all the feedback.Q & AHere are answers to some of your questions.How will it be released?FreewareWhen?Not too long (see "Sounds" section below)What's with the wind sock on the antenna?It's just for fun. It turns in sync with the steering wheel.Does it drive well?Yep but keep in mind that FS isn't a driving sim so there are limits. For best handling, you need to activate the water rudders. The truck is pretty forgiving (more so than a real SUV) so you can do a nice four-wheel slide at high speed but if you overdo it, it will roll over.Will you make more vehicles (cars, racing cars, airport vehicles)?Anything's possible. So far, the new team is working out really well.SoundsI've been looking for a nice set of freeware sounds for this thing. There are several V8 sounds out there but they don't go together well. What I need are the following sounds, preferably from the exact same V8 engine so that the sounds blend together nicely.- Startup/ignition with a few seconds of idle- Low RPM idle (10-20 seconds)- High RPM idle (10-20 seconds)- ShutdownAnyone have a Bronco they could record and digitize into a 44 kHz, 16-bit stereo wave file? You'll get full credit in the readme! Send me a message if you can help out.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)

>Sounds>>I've been looking for a nice set of freeware sounds for this>thing. There are several V8 sounds out there but they don't go>together well. What I need are the following sounds,>preferably from the exact same V8 engine so that the sounds>blend together nicely.>>- Startup/ignition with a few seconds of idle>- Low RPM idle (10-20 seconds)>- High RPM idle (10-20 seconds)>- Shutdown>>Anyone have a Bronco they could record and digitize into a 44>kHz, 16-bit stereo wave file? You'll get full credit in the>readme! Send me a message if you can help out.>>Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gif>BFU Forums Moderator>Renegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)>Mate,I may just be able to help you out here..I know it's not a Ford bronco..BUTI have access to a nice 'Burbling' Small block V8 powered saloon car,recording a complete set of sounds.. including a Squeeling Fan belt on start up would be a sinch..Drop me a line if your interested..madaz75@hotmail.com

BumpThis deserves to be on the front page as any serious discussions about FS issues get deleted.