Sign in to follow this  
Ultor

I cannot click FMC keys in this view...

I started to learn PMDG cockpit and I have just discovered that I cannot click any of FMC keys in this VC view:2009919.th.jpgIs it normal or I have something wrong with my 747 installation?

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

I can't remember, but I am sure if you click on the CDU screen a 2D window of it will pop up and you can use it. Seems to me though that the buttons in the VC should work.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest SkullxBones

FMC buttons in VC should work, they do for me although I never use them. Instead I use the 2D FMC pop up in VC mode, makes it very easy to program in VC. To do it, go to the addon menu in FSX and under PMDG look for the keyboard commands. Then look for the Panel Switcher section. You can assign a key for "Press FMC" that will bring up the 2D FMC in VC mode, pressing it again will remove it.

downscc: This is exactly as it works in my MD-11. However in B747 I cannot get FMC 2D view by clicking on its screen in VC mode.SkullxBones: They can be pressed in other VC views as I checked it out but not in this particular view. OK, I will look at B747 keys mapped in FSX.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

Hmm...it seems to be a strange bug! I discovered this view called "FMC1" looks different and acts in different way depending on airfield where I place my B747 in the Free Flight mode! For instance:- Balice (Cracow, Poland) - field of view is small as on above screen-shot and I cannot press FMC keys- Okecie (Warsaw, Poland) - field of view is larger and I can press FMC buttons- Balikesir AB (Balikesir, Turkey) - field of view is even larger (it encompasses entire FMC panel) and I can press keys so I think it is good game behavior in this example!Did you meet anything similar playing PMDG 747???

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

You need to zoom (your view) in closer to the FMC before the click-spots will become active. Parts of both the PMDG 744 and the LDS 767 both suffer from this anomoly; it's a focus thing. IIRC, I don't think the 744 ever had a 2D pop-up of the FMC while in the VC.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Of course I can zoom out FoV to get full FMC picture but sometimes like in Balice I still cannot press FMC keys. It simply looks like entire FMC panel is a single button area called "Waypoint" (having pressed it displays waypoints on Navigaton MFD). It's really strange...What a pity I cannot get FMC pop-up by clicking on it in VC mode. PMDG should implement this feature because it is very handy on-board MD-11.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

Same here, I am using both the 747-400x and 8x  versions. Cannot click on FMC in VC mode to bring up a pop up display. Other panels work. Strange. Don't know why this isn't possible.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Shift-Spacebar works for me when trackir and the click area get out of sync.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

PMDG B747 VC

(I cannot click any of FMC keys in this VC view)

It seems that no one can offer a solution to this problem B737-800 VC 3D works ok maybe its a problem with EZCA and only particular to B747-

Found solution thank you ultor!

To do it, go to the addon menu in FSX and under PMDG look for the keyboard commands. Then look for the Panel Switcher section. You can assign a key for "Press FMC" that will bring up the 2D FMC in VC mode, pressing it again will remove it. 

You can assign a key for "Press FMC" that will bring up the 2D FMC in VC mode, pressing it again will remove it.

Or just press Shift+7.

A double thread resurrection! This five year old zombie was also dug up last year. As this is your first post (welcome to Avsim by the way), I guess you found this in a google search. The old info remains valid, but please make sure that threads you google are current before actually replying to them.

ki9cAAb.jpg