Sign in to follow this  
Guest nem

Can not Download any files from the Library (over 3 months)

I do not have any problem downloading files from other sites (vg. flightsim,Simmarket, Simviation etc.etc).My problem is with the server of Avsim that interrupts the download more or less in the half way mark.I have checked and asked for advice from the Library people. Eventhough they are very courteous, they got tired of me (I think) and their advice is to make sure that I do not use a Download accelerator (I used to use DAP and until 3 months ago and I did not have any problems with the Avsim library eventhough I used DAP as an accelerator).They also recommend to check the server connections (my side) and the firewall.I have made a windows XP re-install, eliminated the DAP, made sure that my firewall treats Firefox nicely (it is an added exception). The only thing I still have is a shareware FTP (WS-FTP).Could somebody suggest a bright idea. This is really a horrible problem specially for a hard core downloader like myself. The strange thing is that the problem only happens when downloading from the AVSIM library..............I would really appreciate your suggestions. My opinion is that some how my login and password for the library are corrupted but I did not get any comments from the library people when I mentioned this in my last email.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I deleted both your accounts so you may re-register with a clean slate. I doubt this is the issue, but it won't hurt to try. And no, we didn't get tired of you. There's just really nothing we can do after we have given you all the advice we have. In some extreme cases it's even the ISP that's the issue.