Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pardue802

FS2004 Installation Day - Essentials

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Ok, since FS2004 is fast (or slow to me) approaching I am consider what is essential to me to be able to install.Here is what my Opening the box on Installation day to flight HOPEFULLY will consist of with MUST HAVE's:FS2004 (Full Install) Check it out before proceeding to install anything else then proceed with the following and testing each one after the other.FSNavigator (Gotta Have it)PSS Airbus (Gotta Have it)PSS Dash-8 (Gotta Have it)Ultimate Traffic (Gotta Have it)ActiveCamera Pro (In case mouse panning does not exist, PLEASE MAKE THIS WORK!)Captain Sim 727 (Somewhat Gotta Have it :-) - It's just so darn hard to get the hang of!)RealityXP Avionics & GarminsFSFlightMax (For moving sectionals and radar)Some that I may install but don't use all that much lately:Dreamfleet DC-9Dreamfleet 177Dreamfleet ArcherDreamfleet 421Dreamfleet MeridianFSD CommanderFSD Cheyenne 400PSS SenecaPSS VulcanEaglesoft BeechJetEaglesoft PremierStuff I hope I DON'T have to use anymore:Activesky wxRE (Love it but if not necessary then it reduces CPU workload)Radar Contact (Love it but if not necessary then it reduces CPU workload)STUPID Pink Cloud Textures!!!Fixing of DST timezonesWhat's your list and hopes of the day you get your copy home???

Ok 42 views and NO ONE wants to share what they hope they can add on out of the box? Hmmmmm... It is not fact but speculation and hope of what would make it right from what is SUPPOSED to be coming.

Guest outtatimeiii

Well, it might be a while after FS2004 is at the store before I get it, but heres what I want to make sure I have.1) Like you said, FSNavigator (only payware thing in FS2002 that I got)2) The freeware Fleet 2 Biplane (For those days you just want to take an easy and cruise at a gentle 85 kts, which is most of my flying time :) )4) Flight1 Reno Air Racing package (For those days where you dont want to go 85 kts LOL)5) Some other freeware planes for selection.I'll be good to go for FS2004 then :) .

The question is how much of all that stuff will work when fs2004 first comes out? My guess is we will have to wait for a patch for each add-on before it will work in most cases. At least for the complex add-ons.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Right, but the thing is out of everything I have had for FS2002 and before for the flying I do is what I have listed. HOPEFULLY there won't be too many problems or a significant change to much software. But for me the list I posted and the upcoming PMDG 737 will make me happy to have them all working with FS2k4. That is the day I envision with FS2K4.

>>FSNavigator (Gotta Have it)Maybe not -- the new FS2004 map view is what I am looking towards . It has topographical information which will allow me to plan VFR flights in areas of the world for which I have no charts.>>PSS Airbus (Gotta Have it)>>PSS Dash-8 (Gotta Have it)Why - they don't have "clickable VCs" so are now redundant! >>>Captain Sim 727 (Somewhat Gotta Have it :-) - It's just so>darn hard to get the hang of!)Same as above>>RealityXP Avionics & GarminsGarmins are included in the default panels:)Barry>What's your list and hopes of the day you get your copy>home???>

Guest danowat

>>PSS Airbus (Gotta Have it)>>>>PSS Dash-8 (Gotta Have it)>>Why - they don't have "clickable VCs" so are now redundant! >>>>>>Captain Sim 727 (Somewhat Gotta Have it :-) - It's just so>>darn hard to get the hang of!)>>Same as aboveI thought that most existing VC's would be clickable in FS2004.Can anyone confirm/deny thisThanks Dan.

Guest waltch

Yes, I agree I usually did not throw in any add-ons after receiving a new release of FS. I first just play it a little bit out of the box, to see how it is 'default'.One of the first add-on to put it would be FSUIPC, but will the present, last freeware version work with FS2004?Walter

LOL, funny, anyhoo, it has been stated that activecamera will more than likely not work in it's present state. I don't think a current VC will be made clickable just by going to the new sim, programming is invovled. I don't think FSUIPC will work either, but I think pete will have the new version out by then, but that doesn't gaurantee that the things that require it, will work with the new version either. It's nice to get excited, but I wouldn't get to much, might get dissapointed, just look forward to trying the new things, at least I am. The only things I "need" to work are active camera, (not an option yet), FSUIPC, and all the scenery I have designed to work, other than that, I plan to load up some of the weather themes and do some bush flying. ;-) I am really looking forward to new heli options in the FDs, hope they make a difference.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest danowat

Hi,I am sure I read a post a while back where someone stated that the new Valmet Vinka VC worked fine in FS2004 (I think they said it was clickable to), I am also sure I read that the Eaglesoft Beechjet was the same, but I may be wrong.How much more programming would it need to get already clickable gauges (in 2D anyway) to work in 3D, surely the VC clickable part comes from FS it self and not the gauge?.Anyone shed anymore light on this.ThanksDan

Based on what beta testers have told me, products like PSS's A320, CaptainSim's 727 and Eaglesoft's Business jets will have no problems with FS2k4 and clickable VC's. All VC's will automatically become interactive in the new sim. So no matter if your using the old Falcon50 or Yeodesign's first 737 with the generic VC, all VC's will automatically become interactive (this is contingent on the fact that the gauges in question can be manipulated with mouse clicks to begin with). The VC's in the new sim actually allow you to use the whole gauge instead of just displaying it. Most addons will transfer over with no problems, all you have to do is change the install path that's pointing to the 'FS2002' directory to 'FS2004'. Wilco's A320 might have a problem since they tried to create a jimmy rigged clickable VC within FS2002. All scenery and most aircraft (90%) should have no problem working right out of the box with FS2004.Addons like what's listed below may need updates:RealityXP Avionics & GarminsFSFlightMax (For moving sectionals and radar)ActiveSkySquakboxFOLKS FS2004 IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN UPDATED FS2002. YOU BASICLLY HAVE THE SAME SCENERY ENGINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A TOTALLY NEW WEATHER SYSTEM AND SOME NEW TEXTURES THROWN IN HERE AND THERE. THE SIM EVEN RUNS THE SAME OR BETTER THAN THE CURRENT FS2002. WHAT WILL HURT YOUR FRAMESRATES IS THE UPDATED WEATHER SYSTEM BUT ALL ELSE HAS BEEN OPTIMIZED TO RUN BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW. YOU HAVE VARIOUS SLIDER OPTIONS IN FS2004 TO MINIMIZE THE FRAMERATE WEATHER HIT ON YOUR VARIOUS SYSTEMS.I for one am looking forward to using Lago's FSSE right out of the box when FS2k4 arrives late next month...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2