Sign in to follow this  
Guest goon

Just thought I'd share...

..this wonderful picture of a thunderstorm with heavy winds in which I was departing;http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/17343.jpgMaybe someone will get a laugh outta this.. I know that I'm now motivated to buy FS2002. ;)Chris "Bourbon" Pitalo Alaskan Bush Pilot (FS98)Antonov Colt (AN-2)

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

:-xxrotflmao:-xxrotflmao

At least someone liked it.. :DChris "Bourbon" Pitalo Alaskan Bush Pilot (FS98)Antonov Colt (AN-2)

It has a marvelous "Dali-esque" quality, dontcha think?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Maul

Oh Man!! That takes me back and to think we've come so far! Thanks for the memories!EricArea51Intel

Guest outtatimeiii

LOLOL YES! This definately brings back memories :-lol .

I thought I was the only one! :D That was one of my first "real" flight sims. It's a shame I gave away my Amiga. :(Chris "Bourbon" Pitalo Alaskan Bush Pilot (FS98)Antonov Colt (AN-2)

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

BEHOLD!! It LIVES!http://www.winuae.net/http://fellow.sourceforge.net/I even have a BUNCH of old stuff plus I used to have my own demo group in the mid 80's and my demos still work!! heheheShadow of the BEAST! Psygnosis outcoming was one of the GREATEST!

Sweet! Up until a few years ago, I had a box in my closet with about eight-pounds worth of Amiga games. Psygnosis made some good games no-doubt, but I think my favorite was.. as dumb as it sounds.. "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"Chris "Bourbon" Pitalo Alaskan Bush Pilot (FS98)Antonov Colt (AN-2)

HeheF/A 18 Interceptor was the first Sim that made me buy a computer that would run it - this was back in 1988 at the tender age of 14. That game was absolutely superb. I can still remember the first go on it. My "Quickshot II" joystick took a battering... I should have known that, as time progressed, every new fLightsim required a new computer!CheersLungs

Yes Bill, your are absolutely right! I wondered of what this pic reminds me but i could not figure out. Now as you mentioned it, this pic really looks like a painting of one of the great surrealistic painters, either Salvador Dali or Rene Margrite (I hope this name is spelled correctly), who very often painted blue skies with odd looking clouds.Wolfgang

Guest outtatimeiii

LOL I grew up on FS4. I got it from a friend when I was 10. My IBM XT was definately not a graphical machine, even in its time LOL. That old CGA board only had 2 display options, 4 color 320x200, or high-rez B/W 640x200 (yuck). That 'ultra-powerful' D8088 4.77MHz could only grind out a mere 4fps LOL. I had some good times with such a barren flightsim :) . That old IBM is still working great and it still runs FS4 along with the other games and applications from the late 80's/early 90's.This thread is cool LOL all of us going back to our first sims :) .