Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

OVERSPEED

jerrycwo41.Could anyone tell me how to disable the "RED" OVERSPEED warning in FS2002 for a aircraft, or at least raise the speed to where it will not flash the "overspeed" warning ?2. I always change the "size" of the aircraft in the "VIEW" at the top of the Fs2002 screen to a size that I like. Where can I change the size where my size will be the "default" size ?Thanks, jerry

The "overspeed" warning is usually set at a reasonable level, so if you see it, you're flying either too fast and/or too low ! This is from the perspective of trying to keep within what is "realistic" (which is what most simmers seem to be aiming for in some shape or form !) With the Realism settings activated, your plane will "overstress" pretty quickly if you exceed the Never Exceed speeds (VNE) for very long. As for the aircraft view size, the default load size seems to be set by the Model, and some planes do indeed "load small". I have a small utility called Model Adjust that can alter this, but only for the pre-GMAX models. In addition, you can specify the "view" settings from one of the pull-down menus, but I can't give specific details at present, as I'm at work.Cheers,Alastair