Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Trouble downloading files from AVSIM

Guest Shep

I'm not sure if it was something in the MS Updates, I installed today, or problems within AVSIM. I tried to download npd_v2.zip and to start with I kept getting a not known url page pop up. I then switched off the MS Windows firewall and it started to download - but stopped when I switched the firewall back on. The same file downloaded from flightsim.com fine though.Shep

Shep,Try adding avsim.net and avsim.com to your trusted list on the firewall.

Guest blueeagle44

Shep, I have been having the same trouble. Only in my case, I get an error-page you are looking for can not be found, or you need to change your internet settings.... I have done that 10 times. I have even gone to the trouble of going to my ISP and having them talk me through this problem. All that did was mess up my DSL internet connection, and even after resetting everything in my browser, including the firewall, I still get the same message. I just can't seem to get a download, almost for a year now. HELP!!!