Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Cost of FS2004?

I pre-ordered my FS2004 from Avsim (Vmax) store the other day for $59.95, thinking I'd be getting a good deal, one of the first copies, and I could support Avsim at the same time. Now I see it's $44.99 at Amazon.com, who wouldn't know one end of a Cessna from the other, as far as I know. So I'm certainly supporting Avsim, it would seem. Interestingly, Amazon give a firm shipping date of July 29. They also sell FS2002 for five bucks MORE so maybe they know something we don't, LOL.Why the big differential? What's it to be in the retail stores, anyone?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Its very simple Mark. Amazon can afford to purchase thousands of copies of the product, and as a result, get a better wholesale price. We can only purchase in the hundreds, and get no where near the discount. Yes, you pay more, but a small percentage of that price you are paying goes to keeping our doors open. And we are very grateful for that.

While it may be true that Amazon.com offers COF at a slightly reduced price over Avsim.com, but does Amazon.com offer you a huge file library full of FS goodies, a nifty message board where you can come hash out your FS woes, find out about the latest FS news or show off that shinny new piece of payware you just bought?Even if Amazon.com was selling FS COF for half of what Avsim is I

Is this for the Collector's Edition, packaged in a tin?Thanks,Paul