Sign in to follow this  
Puffmac

JS41 Startup Guide

I think it's fine the way it is. You made a great thread, greater.Also being that acrobat is a free download I can't see anyone having issues with how you did it. It's perfect.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Pierre.Very nice job of the PDF mon ami. Merci.You asked for any "changes needed", so I hope this helps as this is such an important Topic:A couple of spelling mistakes in the first paragraph second line, the word "THISD" should be "THIS", and in the second paragraph second line, the word "WICH" should be "WHICH".Page 2: First paragraph the word "REPOSITIONNED" should be "REPOSITIONED" (only one 'N') and in the second paragraph, third line, the word "TAKE" should be "TAKES". Last paragraph on page 2 line 5, the word "INCREASE" should read "INCREASES".That's enough for now. Someone else might like to help you out with the rest.Good Flights everyone.

Hi Peter and Dan, and thank you both. Peter, I'm really sorry for the typing errors, I type too fast on a small keyboard .... And my English is really old... So thanks for the corrections ! I corrected everything,plus another that I found, and I added colors on the images as requested by Jetstream41 on the images . Tell me if you think it's a good idea, and if the colors I chose are the good colors, and if it's understandable.PS: The file name seems to be in french, but the tutorial is in English.

Edited by maple-leaf

Hi Pierre. Very nice. I hope that the author, "Puffmac" will like it too. Pierre, would you like the other spelling corrections? Just a few more to make it 100%. I can PM them to you if you like.Cheers.

Hi Peter. Thanks, and I hope too.For the corrections, you're welcome. Do you need the text in word format, or another?Tell meSee youPierre-Gilles

We have made little modifications and corrections with Pete (petejbk) on the PDF, it's still the "Rev 1" version as created by Puffmac. I add colors on images, Pete has corrected the text (thanks to him). I am working on a french version, if you have idea to make another translation, I could do the PDF.Have good flightsPierre-GillesSo this is the tutorial:

I very much appreciate the update, good job, Pierre-Gilles. I have responded to your PM with regards to the PDF as well.

@ AndrewFabulous start-up guide. Only just started using the JS4100. Only slight problem I have is I do not hear any of the Call-Outs you refer to when moving the power levers back and forth. I have unmuted that middle annunciator panel. Am I missing something else as the Tutorial did not point to where I may have muted or unmuted those Call-Outs?

vc10man, do You have FS2Crew? I believe it renames default WAVs for some FO callouts

vc10man, do You have FS2Crew? I believe it renames default WAVs for some FO callouts
Bartlomiej, thank you for your response. Somebody else in another thread actually pointed me in the right direction as I do have FS2Crew Voice Commander, and thus do not hear the Call-Outs. Problem solved.Q.E.D.

Hi

No idea what I am doing wrong but when I follow your instructions it will start then after the engines have stopped and I try to start up again the master start switch pops back to AIR the only way I've found to solve this is restart FSX

Thx for help

Joop Wurms, Netherlands

I have a problem starting the JS41 sometimes the Master start switch jumpes back to air when I am starting the either L or R engine. I think I a doing something wrong here. can't find my mistake. I solve the problem with restarting FSX.

Help?

Tnx

Joop Wurms, Holland

Done this technique literally 36 time ( yeah, 4hrs and I counted) and my engine catches fire EVERYTIME! 

Are you sure the EGT was below 200'c and the propellers fully fine?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

My advice. DISABLE the engine fires! I've started them engines 100's of times and still get, on occasion, what your describing and never change procedures. If it dont start, n1 rising quickly (Jumps from 10 to 20% fast or 10....11......12),it AINT gona start .  I shut it down and restart and it works fine without changing a thing. Dont care about temps as it will cool down when she fires. Much will have to do with what previous aircraft was loaded also. Seems to effect it.