Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

Lago Air File Pro... looking for a tweaked file

Did anyone tweaked AFP cfg file to have a more realistic behaviour?

Allesandro,did you use the GA.cfg that was offered at the lago forum? That's the one I'm using with some pretty good results. I have all effects set only on the second notch from the left and have center of gravity and offset loading at slight.So far this has worked for me after I've suffered some of the weird stuff that other users were reporting. Let me know if you need that GA.cfg file and I'll email it to you. The official update is, I believe, due out tomorrow.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest racartron

Best to check on the LAGO forum.They are planning an updated release this afternoon. BTW they found what was causing all the dramatic problems -- it was how FS was interpreting value changes when going from negative to positive. IT was only in one direction. Good old FS strikes again. :-)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

>Best to check on the LAGO forum.>>They are planning an updated release this afternoon. BTW they>found what was causing all the dramatic problems -- it was how>FS was interpreting value changes when going from negative to>positive. IT was only in one direction. Good old FS strikes>again. :-)Sure was.. we still have no explanation for some of the effects. For the length axis we found that in aircraft where the Center of Gravity (CoG) was close to the Center of Lift (CoL) and where the CoG scripts moved the CoG OVER the GoL the effects could be very severe. Looking back this is logical, but we never expected so many aircraft that were inherently (near) instable in FS. That's not a negative comment, sometimes you have to do tricks to get some effect and some aircraft (like the F-16) have them almost on top of each other to get max manoeuvrability. But why moving the CoG ovr the right wing has less effect then moving it the same distance over the left wing (no it's not torque) is one of the secrets of FS.The new version has all this fixed, a new slider that allows you to use the same CFG file for aircraft between a 747-400 and an Cessna 172. All scripts have been tested in a test session involving gallons of coffee and not enough showers and now all scripts can not crash any of the default aircraft on AutoPilot. In the 1.02 version we created rather strong effects, allowing the user to scale them down, now we did the opposite, making them not very severe and asking the user to scale them up when he keeps drinking his coffee when countering a Micro Burst event.The new version has just been released... Check our website for links etc.Mathijs KokLAGO ConDev