Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

FSCOF

Here's our policy (paraphrased)... if a site owner or member of the staff of another site come to AVSIM to use the popularity of our forums to attract (it is universally known as "poaching") users from here, then we remove the message. That is a strict violation of our stated policies.If, on the other hand, a normal user suggests someone go to xyz.com to have a look at something, we have no problem with that as that is the purpose of our forums - sharing within our hobby. EDIT: there are "normal" users who are used as "shills" to overcome this policy of ours. We are aware of that and keep an eye out for that too. There are grey areas, to be sure, and Matt may have hit upon one with his editing of that particular message. Subsequent events after that however, resulted in that particular individual being shown the door.Here's the point; we work hard to make our forums the best and most comprehensive in flight simming. Why should we allow other site owners and their staff to take advantage of that popularity? Anyone who has been online for any length of time can tell you that poaching is considered a gross violation of good manners just about everywhere. You sure as heck won't see AVSIM staff going to other sites to attract users there to here. That's against our policies too.

Guest Panman

For me the third forum down is FLY!And I've refreshed the page too!!.pAnmAn

I'm still blind. There is a FS2004 Forum at flightsimnetwork.com but certainly not at flightsim.com. Which is it???? At FlightSim.com the 3rd forum down is Fly.

got me there Ken, I must say.very surprising indeed.(confusing but surprising):-)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Kurt

The (www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforum/dcboard.cgi) address is the newer style forums at FlightSim.com, FS2002, FS2004, etc.Kurt M

hi again All,not trying to start any trouble here. just thought Everyone would like to see some new FS2004 screenies and fps numbers on a given system. sorry about the mix up on the FS2004/COF forum name-it is FS2004 forum. glad to hear the single digit fps screenies were taken on a previous system (thanks Mike). don't know if anyone read any of the posts but Nel's stated in one of his posts that he had "most not all sliders" maxxed in FS2004 on the new system. (wonder which sliders he didn't have maxxed)? anyway, looking forward to FS2004 with the rest of you guys. happy flyin, fm