Sign in to follow this  
Bill McQueen

Its Official 29 th July But..............?

>Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight for Windows has gone gold and is clear for takeoff. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight is scheduled to land on store shelves on July 29 in North America for an estimated retail price of $54.95 U.S. Virtual pilots will soon have the opportunity to relive history as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight takes them on a journey through the friendly skies.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I wouldn't worry about that Peter.FS2002 hit the selves in Europe (at least in Greece) the same time as in the US!!! The box had a label 'Made in Ireland' on it (as all the FS versions I have since FS4).So I assume we won't have to wait long.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

GeorgeJust strange that the statement should specifically state North America.....The other interesting point is that this time there is no pro version which would have been difficult with the nature of the title anyway ;-)Peter

I agree with George. I live in Sweden and ordered FS2002 from the States upon its release. I got it a few days later, but by then it was already available in the local shops. To make things even more fun I paid double the local price (postage + taxes), sigh. At least I learned from that lesson, lol...

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest oyvindhansen

The Standard/Pro thing was a disaster anyway. Nothing professional about the Pro edition, but somehow you needed it to run a lot of addons, which was too bad for the poor souls who only had the standard edition.Anywho, my experience with the latest editions of flightsim is that it becomes available in Europe a couple of weeks later than i the US, like most games with an american publisher. - Oyvind

If cast our minds back, the release of FS2002 was put back (at least in Europe) by the events of 9/11. But, ironically, I can remember the exact day it was released in the UK, 9th of November, but if you write that in the usual UK standard translates to 9/11 (9th of the 11th).

Think that they have now a lot of new information in tutorials, videos, documents, menus, etc that it has to been translated to french, spanish, german, italian....If they haven't do that yet, it's a huge charge of work... And we'll have to wait if we want the translated version to our native language.

$54.95? What good timing! I just got a gift certificate for my local mall (which has a Babbages and Electronics Boutique stores in it) for $50! So I will only be spending about $7 of my own money for my copy of FS2004!

Hi,As far as I remember,

Staffan

Guest Hugo

29 th July? The exact day I return from my summer vacations. Great! (-:Hugo

Amazon.co.uk have it slated for 8th August but cheaper than Game-UK at

Guest cloudtops

Joseph,I'm right there with you. I recently played in a company golf tournament and each member of my team won a $55 cash prize. Timing is everything!Kevin

from todays Avsim Online...Kind RegardsTommy"For flyers who fly regularly over London Microsoft have redone the scenery to ensure that some major buildings and structures, absent (or at the wrong location) in FS 2002 (the Dome and London Eye for example), are now relocated to their rightful place in the London skyline. According to Microsoft's Bruce Williams, who is present at the show, Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight will go on sale in the UK on the 1st of August with an expected UK Retail price of GBP 49.99. The 45th Le Bourget Air Show runs until Sunday 22nd June." Thanks to Tony Hawes for the report from Paris. "