Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

FS2004 european preorder: where?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,now that FS2004 has gone gold would like to put my preorder; i bought FS2002 at SimWare and they've been quick enough. This time it seems they aren't ready for FS2004Any other site? I live in Italy.Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Guest jason2112

I'd be interested in any info as well. This time I want to get the english version here in Germany (the German ATC translations are full or errors), and I'm not sure where to order. I've been thinking about amazon.co.uk. Any other ideas?VOlker :]

Guest jason2112

Update: I've just pre-ordered FS2004 through amazon.co.uk. They say it will be released in the UK on 8 August, and shipping will take 3-5 days with AirMail delivery. They have an express delivery option which seemed to expensive to me. The software costs about 70 EUR including shipping, which is what I expected.VOlker :]

Volker,two years ago I bought fs2002 from okaysoft.de. The only problem now is: the international english version is without german rating (Jugendschutzgesetz). So you have to mail a copy of you ID card when you want to order. Strange but true...Regards,Claudius

Guest jason2112

I nearly laughed myself to death when I saw Lago's Emma Field and several other FS addons in a German computer shop with a big red "Adults only" sticker on the box. Crazy ...I hope ordering from the UK does not cause any trouble. When I ordered 5 CDs with detailed mesh sceneries from FSGenesis in the US, the package spent quite some time in a German customs office. That's why I wanted to order from an EU country.VOlker :]

>Update: I've just pre-ordered FS2004 through amazon.co.uk.>They say it will be released in the UK on 8 August, and>shipping will take 3-5 days with AirMail delivery. They have>an express delivery option which seemed to expensive to me.>The software costs about 70 EUR including shipping, which is>what I expected.i pre-ordered from amazon.co.uk too, but it's pretty expensive though compared to the american price unforuntately. :(

Guest Lizardo

YIPE! That's $75.11!!

Guest TOMCAT

Hello everybody,a good possibilitiy to obtain an English FS version in Germany is "PC Fun" in Munich www.pcfun.de They're taking preorders yet - date of delivery might be the first week of August. Usually they sell their original versions for almost the same price as the German stuff. But here the new law concerning the missing adult rating of imported game software is effective too - which means that you have to give PC Fun a proof of your adult age (usually an ID copy).Maybe an interesting option for other European customers as well - normally the people at the shop are very friendly and helpful. So they might also ship some copies abroad.Regards Thomas

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,just preordered my english copy of FS2004 at Simware.com (as i did for F2002); expected availability for English version : July 31, 2003. And with their Express Courier i'll get my new baby in 1 to 2 days. Let's cross fingers...thank you allLuigi ;-)

I have just readen this in Simware.com:Flight Simulator 2004 : BREAKING NEWS ===== Expected Availability for English version : July 31, 2003 Expected Availability for localized versions (FR/DE/ES) : August 18, 2003Well, I'll have to wait two weeks more... It seems that Microsoft doesn't have the cash to pay the translators during the development of the Sim :-( :-(