Sign in to follow this  
gregger

Preferred Shareware/Payware weather programs?

Guest Jim Strenk

I'm just wondering which of the shareware/payware weather generating programs available here and elsewhere on the Internet most people are using for MSFS 2002 Professional.I've downloaded several programs here, and thought it might be a good idea to ask this question prior to installing anything that I've downloaded from this site so far.Comments about which weather generating programs your using and why would be greatly appreciated. Please indicate in your response whether the application is shareware or payware and your likes and dislikes about the application you use and why you've decided to enhance the EXISTING weather controls within FS 2002 Professional.PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SURVEY! I AM NOT PREPARING TO ADD AN ADDITIONAL WEATHER GENERATING PROGRAM TO FS 2002. I AM SIMPLY TRYING TO AVOID HAVING TO DOWNLOAD/INSTALL/UNINSTALL EVERY AVAILABLE WEATHER PROGRAM.Thank you in advance for your suggestions, tips, errata and experiences!

Hi,I am using ActiveSky Wxre v1.8. It was a lucky man to be one of the (anonymous) beta testers of this marvelous addon. I never have met a man with more devotion for his creation as Damian Clark (when was this man sleeping during the devellopment period ?), so after sale services can't be a problem. The cooperation between Damian Clark (Active Sky Wxre) and Bruce Willis (Fs Sky World) must lead to an exceptional weather machine for 2004. I am looking forward to it.hm

FSMeteo v5.2> Whether application is shareware or paywareTechnically shareware with a 30min time limit - but the product & support are worth more than the price - I wouldn't think twice. Any time the author updates the software, you find the new version in your mailbox the next day. I've only had to email for support twice in last 3 years, and both times received a response in less than 24 hours.> Likes/DislikesI appreciate the level of control you have over all aspects of the weather - especially for "transitioning" weather. That is, gradual winds/clouds/pressure changes as you move from one reporting station to another. There are also many options for how (Internet connection options) and where (servers) you get your weather from.> Why you've decided to enhance weather controlsTo get real-time weather updates during my flight, and for weather transitions. Both of these are supposed to be in FS2004, so I'm curious how weather addons may be affected by this.Joe

I'm a paid Active sky wxRE customer. I have dialup (poor, at that) access on my home (FS) PC - the offline weather based on area forcasts and forecast winds is an excellent feature. I'm looking forward to changes in store for version 2 with FS2004 as well.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I used FSMeteo for ages, but converted to ActiveSky WxRE probably about 6 months ago -- very happy with it. People will vouch for either one, so you'll just have to download them both and see for yourself. I think ActiveSky WxRE can be used on a trial basis (?). Not sure on that, though.Good luck,Ghttp://members.rogers.com/gmoffatt/images/ERJ_CRT.jpg

Our freeware program is still here:http://www.hifisim.com/activesky2002.htmIt has NO time limit and has some of the features of our payware, wxRE. We support the freeware version with as much energy as the payware version. Come give us a look!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support