Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jozef_K

What's with the ZIPDIVE in the File Library?

When I click on ZIPDIVE for any download file, I get a list of files held within the download. Some files (mostly .TXT files)listed have a hyperlink - which when I click it to read the file , comes up with some kind of .PHP file and my machine opens a graphics programme and tells me that it cant read the file.Any ideas of what the ZIPDIVE is for and how it is supposed to work. It would be very handy at times to see what is included in a large download.Barry

I mainly use ZipDive to see if there are an additional images included, or larger ones of the download :DJason :-wave

Guest Tim W

Or to read the read-me which gives more fuller info than the short text description.RegardsTim

>Or to read the read-me which gives more fuller info than the>short text description.>>Regards>Tim>But this is my problem --I click on the hyperlink to the README.TXT files and get some error message about a PHP file.Barry

Hmm-- how in the world did you get this idea from.?? :) I will try it out.In the meantime, I have worked out my own "workaround". I click on the link and download the file and save the file . It saves as a .PHP file for some reason . I then change the name of the file to ***.TXT and can then read the contents with Notepad. I have only tried this with links that are supposedly to a TXT file.Barry

Guest Jozef_K

Having had also problems with opening TXT files in Zipdive. When clicking on a TXT files it opened with MS Picture IT, but as it was not a picture file, it gives an error. I discovered that .PHP files are associated with Picture It, at least on my PC. After changing the association .PHP to Notepad the problem is over.Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg