Sign in to follow this  
twisted8

FSX Style Clouds on FS2004?

Hello,Been using FSX for a while but I just can't get a decent framerate on FSX using 3 monitors with 3 different views on my 3.0ghz Core2duo. I'm trying FS2004 now and I'm getting much better results and looks like the high settings on FS2004 looks better than the medium settings I have on FSX. My question is what cloud pay/free-ware do you guys recommend to get closer to FSX's REX2.0 Clouds?Thanks!

Hello,Been using FSX for a while but I just can't get a decent framerate on FSX using 3 monitors with 3 different views on my 3.0ghz Core2duo. I'm trying FS2004 now and I'm getting much better results and looks like the high settings on FS2004 looks better than the medium settings I have on FSX. My question is what cloud pay/free-ware do you guys recommend to get closer to FSX's REX2.0 Clouds?Thanks!
Try these by Pablo Diaz. You can choose the resolution up to 1024x1024...img23750_1.jpgDownload here...

Guest ThrottleUp
Try these by Pablo Diaz.
THose are actually really good!! They transform the FS9 skies :)A couple from my FS9 after HD clouds installation:

Guest overdoserob
THose are actually really good!! They transform the FS9 skies :)A couple from my FS9 after HD clouds installation:
A bit off topic, what plane model is that?

A bit off topic, what plane model is that?
Looks like an E-jet from Wilco...I may be wrong.

Guest belga1

Hello,

Looks like an E-jet from Wilco...I may be wrong.
Or Virtualcol :) or even a Posky model.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Just tried out those new grass textures in this package. It looks awesome, but its well over 2 MB when the original was only 40 or so KBs. Wondering if anyone can resize the new file to maybe 512x512 and make it a DTX3? Is that possible?

I also gave this freeware stuff a try. I must say I'm impressed.It looks very good and shows that sometimes freeware may surprise us more than some paid addons.I seem to have a strange problem though. I wonder if anyone noticed that or it's some kind of error on my side.Sometimes there is a sparse layer of clouds below me that move together with my aircraft. So I always see them regularly following me over the ground. Am I seeing things...?

Guest belga1

Hello,UFO's camouflaged like clouds ? :)So far not suffered of this phenomena with the same addon.You know .. human is naive or skeptical I'm in the skeptical row :)If possible can you provide a small movie (few seconds is enough) for show us this interesting phenomena (if you are able to reproduce it).Will be also interesting to provide this movie to the author .. who maybe don't know this particular effect .. and maybe will correct it in a update.BTW ... magnificent addon !Regards.bye.gifGus.

I get that same problem with my hde clouds. It doesn't matter what plane or were I fly from or to. Today I flew from klas to kord fsdt klas and fsdt kord. I was using my level D 767 fs9.1 and windows xp sp3. It seemed a little hazy at take off. Then around 8000 it turned clear and I could see the top of this haze. I went up to fl370 and when I looked out the window there was this very thin cloud that moved with the plane all the way to kord. It was there whether in 2d, 3d, or spot view it was there like a circle around the plane about 10 to 20 miles diameter. I didn't see this until I installed hde.

John K

Hi,That is the FS haze layer that will follow you around. You may have had a texture that disabled this layer and now the original type texture is back.

does anybody know which specific texture gives said effect then?so I can remove it,I think it looks a wee bit strange.cheersJP.

From my experience if the cloud texture is too large it adversely impacts performance reducing FS9 to FSX style framerates on moderate machines. Hopefully REX for FS9 can keep cloud texture size down to a minimum...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2