Sign in to follow this  

Now that is a Wide Screen....

Guest AAF

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a projector and project it on a living room wall ..? I have been thinking about doing that- I have always wanted to flightsim in real size :)

Thats what I do alot, I have a big projector, cost me $400 USD. But it was worth it, I get somewhere around 100+ inches when I use the whole wall.

Guest cw1011

Do you have any trouble with refresh rates and "tails" on moving graphics? I know that projectors use an LCD screen - and there is a wide variation in quality.Thanks!Colin

Guest Salbado

Looks like a Bakers Dozen...Geeeez, how do you start them all up?... I have 5 PC's with my A320 Project Magenta and each one has to come up individually...must take at least 1/2 hour to fire them up, no?

Guest Salbado

I use a Sharp NVU1X and the projected image is fine at 60 or 75 Mhz...You do see "screen door" effect if you get alot of movement in the cities though...I guess it depends on the quality of of your machine. Got mine on E-bay for about $400...see pics...

Wow. What are you in for a cockpit!?! I like the looks of yours better than the bucket seat with lap belts....Good Day.Jay BirchCFI,CFII,MEIMobile, ALwww.clearedasfiled.com

Guest Miro Majcen

as much as i like the picture and the setup, there is one thing missing :) What? A way how to explain this to your girlfriend and get the "approval", not for buying but for using it :) Now if any of you who own 2 or more monitors could get some ideas i'd appriciate it :) MiroMiro MajcenSenior Managing EditorAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Guest Salbado

Hi Jay...About $5K...no computers. 4 computers for Project Magenta are cheap PII's. Everything working pretty nice so far...need throttles and a FCU. Flies real nice and the realism can get quite outrageous ...especially when I set up for LIFR approaches into LGA with wxRE.Have a PPL, Commercial and IR but have been out of the system. Something about $100 hamburgers. Cheaper to build a sim.Regards, Sal

Now a few of these is what I want :-jumpy Bill

Guest united777

I am sorry. but having one or two monitors is fine. But I mean.. THat is rediculous. I agree, getting an ultra light would be more fun and would get you off of your booty :-lol. Well to each his own right?"... AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"[b/]