Sign in to follow this  

Harvey Field scenery texture problem.

Hello, Has anyone who has installed Bob Bernstein's Harvey Field had problems with the scenery textures (please see the screen shot). I have a directory in my FS2002 Scenery folder named Washington where I keep all the Washington state scenery (incidentally, Bob's Tacoma Narrows, Bowerman Field, and Elma Mun sceneries work fine in this setup). Judging by the screenshot, it looks like the autogen's working properly, and it doesn't look like a landclass problem, so I'm wondering if it's some sort of texture buffer memory issue or something. Here's my terrain settings in my FS2002.CFG file if it's of any help: [TERRAIN] TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=1.000000 TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20 TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8 TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5 TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1 TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=5.000000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=3...and my main system specs are as follows: Radeon 9700 128MB XP 2100+ 1 GB RAM Also, I have the exact same problem with the RealFlight Wonderful Rio 2002 scenery. As far as I can see, all my other installed sceneries (Including all the Georender sceneries and the Budapest 2003 scenery) look fine. Any thoughts are much appreciated, Michael Copphttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/17718.jpg

I think that is the way Snohomish County looks in real life.:)Man thats strange..... Bob visits here daily Im sure your solution is short in comming.If not e-mail him its in the readme.

What season is active? I only included summer and spring, to keep the file size as small as possible. Please contact me directly if you find problems with my work. My email is in my readme.Bob Bernstein

I don't know if those scenery packages contain any landclass files, but if they do, they must be placed in a scenery folder WITH NO corresponding texture folder, otherwise you will get an effect similar to what you are seeing.Russ Dirks

:-))It is grey here a lot, but that's normally the sky color, not the ground....lolB

Guest Lindy

Do you consolidate your Washington sceneries into one set of scenery/texture folders? I sometimes do that too. But try installing Harvey Field as a standalone first. I know that I have a couple of sceneries that don't play well with others and I have to install them as standalone.If this IS installed standalone... well... you have a problem. (As if you didn't know... :-roll ) I have Bob's Harvey Field... it's great. Lots of wonderful things to find in it. Good luck.-Lindy :-wave

Guest racartron

Just tested my install for all four seasons and I get your "blank canvas" result for Fall and Winter. Spring and Summer are fine. So this supports Bob's position.Bob, Are ya gonna upload the other two seasons? WOuld be a real bummer not to have all four seasons available to surround your awesome offering.BTW, I have Harvey Field combined with several WA area sceneries and currently they all get along pretty well.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

I`ve got all your Wa sceneries, Bob (they`re all excellent), and they are all in one scenery folder and co-exist quite happily.It looks like just the photo-textured area that`s not playing. Are you sure the unzip completed? Silly question but...CheersLungs

>Bob, Are ya gonna upload the other two seasons? WOuld be a>real bummer not to have all four seasons available to surround>your awesome offering.>I'm not at home right now, but if I recall correctly, the Readme states he wants to see how FS2004 handles things before he adds fall and winter textures. He said he chose Spring/Summer to be included as that is what most of us will be experiencing when FS2004 arrives.Tony

Guest racartron

You are absolutely right. Forgot that bit. After all, who RTFM when they've just installed their 20th scenery in one day? :-)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatPS: Bob I'd love the Fall and Winter files as I'm not moving to COF anytime soon.Email: p-sumner@attbi.com

OK...its pretty easy to do....just takes some bandwidth...I'll do it before the fall.B