Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Ulitmate Traffic Review

Or at least clarify the statement. There is no way that adding 400000 flights will have NO effect on frame rate. No effect over and above PAI traffic? No effect as long as I keep my FPS locked to 18?Agreed.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I had a Dell P4 1.5gig machine and found the same results as the reviewer, 'I had little or no framerate hit'. You can't set your traffic to 100%, mine was set at 50%. Compared to all the other traffic options out there (and yes I have used them all from PAI, FStraffic 2002 to MyTraffic) I was amazed at how Ultimate Traffic handled framerates compared to other options out there. You will see a slight hit depending on the airport's traffic volume and whether you have extra scenery installed like SimFlyer's KDFW (the amazing thing here is that there's no more of a hit than you would get with the default aircraft and you'll have way more aircraft visible at the airport!!!). I now have a P4 2.6gig machine with an 800FSB and still find problems with Simflyer's KDFW and UT (better yet just KDFW all by itself). SimFlyer's in my opinion needs to redo their KDFW in GMAX. Better yet I don't see a need since FS2004 will have KDFW by default. Now if you want to take into consideration that I had a Dell P4 1.5 with an ATI 9700pro video card you can. I can't comment on how UT will perform on a machine with a Nividia graphics card installed but one thing is for sure if you have your traffic slider set at at least 50%, you shouldn't see a framerate hit that would be more than what you would see with the default traffic. Again, the good thing about Ultimate Traffic is you'll see a whole lot more traffic than you would just using the default aircraft with the same or better framerate results.The reviewer here at Avsim is correct about Ultimate Traffic, everyone should get this program....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest MightyMatt76

dilloll0,I have never doubted UT. It is a great program and everyone should get, at least those you cannot bother installing AI by themselves. It just seems a bit too optimistic to mention that there is just a little hit on the framerate, but if I take your word for it and keep the slider to 50% then everything works great. I have removed all my AI traffic (manual install) because I could not bother with updating it all since UT is available. Thanks for your comments. By the way, how would compare UT to MyTraffic and FST2002? And PAI aircraft to other AI aircraft like FSPainter and AI Aardvark?Matt

Matt,Ultimate traffic out performs all the other addons you mentioned hands down. UT will not tax your system any more than the default AI aircrft and like I said earlier, you'll see way more aircraft. It is truely amazing!!! The aircraft look just as good as any payware aircraft you'd buy. I had my PSS Airbus A320 parked next to one of the UT's A320s. Both birds looked good sitting next to one another. MyTraffic seemed to have had old FS98 modeled traffic with a huge framerate hit. I had to turn my slider down to 8% to get an acceptable framerate. If your hearing me here you can see the difference in the two programs. All UT's aircraft don't have pilot's in the cockpit and that's the only difference you'll notice between your payware stuff and UT's aircraft. I hope others with this program speek up because you might not take my word for it. Everyone who has this program will tell you the same thing I'm telling you, it's amazing!!! I've never seen Avsim give a program 5 full stars but Ultimate Traffic is worth it.

FS2020 

Guest oyvindhansen

PAI aircraft good looking? You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Not that it is a big problem for UT, but there are many AI aircraft in the library here at avsim that are way better looking than those included in UT. Aardvark also have a more fps friendly models than PAI, as they use sophisticated LOD modelling. - Oyvind

Guest panda234

I saw the review but am trying to figure out how to buy it. Anyone have a link to a site with good bandwidth that I can purchase it from? Thx!

Ut can be downloaded and purchased at www.flight1.com . Note that you download and run the install program. At that point, you are asked for your payment info.I love UT, and it runs acceptably to me on my 1.4 ghz AMD with 512MB ram and 64m TI500. Very little affect on the frame rate compared to the default AI.Tony

The weird thing about UT performance for me (my system specs below) is that at 100%, there is a big framerate hit. If I lower traffic to say 80-85%, fps is barely affected at all. It seems for a little less traffic, I get a big performance boost. I guess it isn't important, since the fs2002 atc can't handle 100% traffic effectively anyway, so I doubt people would set it there very often. UT performs fine for me, but my machine is powerful (all ready for 2004 :) ) However, I don't think I could run UT at a Simflyers airport without a big fps hit. My specs:P4 3.0 ghz1 gig RDRAMATI 9800 Pro 128mb

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

To say UT has no or little impact on framerates is simply wrong, because it does, if i go to KLAX and set AI on 100% the fps drops to 6-8, if i turn AI off the fps is over 40. There you go, its as simple as that.my systemDell xps with all the bells and whistles.OHN

HiI am running UT with a AMD XP 2.2Gig and 512MB 333 DDR, it drops my FPS down to about 11 at an airport like KLAS.And a little question about the review,You see how he has all the aircraft.. Did he have to program that somehow or what? I don't get that much traffic on mine.

Oyvind,I never said UT had the only good looking aircraft out there, What are you talking about??? I was asked about Ultimate Traffic and that's what this is about, Ultimate Traffic. No one asked about all the better looking aircraft here at Avsim, no one asked about Aardvark and their fps friendly models and their use of sophisticated LOD modeling. The guy wanted to know if the review was exaggerating the capabilities of Ultimate Traffic, so I told him about THAT program and THAT program only....Like others here have mentioned (and this hold true for the default aircraft), 100% AI will bring your framerates down but if you set in at around 50%, you'll have no problem and things look great...

FS2020 

Guest MightyMatt76

Thanks for all the responses! I have definitely got a clearer image of the capabilities of UT. I hope they will make it compatible with FS2004!

Guest frankcubillos

>...I hope they will make it>compatible with FS2004!It will be, so will ProjectAI.---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize FSGateway/ProjectAI sig banner here

Guest oyvindhansen

dillil0 (I might have mispelled this...), sorry if I appeared critical towards you. As for UT I suppose it is just about as bad for fps as other AI traffic. Although the product perhaps deserves five stars because it is groundbreaking and unique, I think the rewiewer was a little too positive, and he could have mentioned that the aircraft aren't the best looking, and some liveries are somewhat inaccurate. But what they lack in quality they make up for in quantity, I guess.- Oyvind

As far as the quality issue goes, I have not been disappointed in the least by the quality of the models. I suppose they could be better, but considering the number of planes displayed at one time and the overall effect, I am quit satisfied.Tony