Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Ulitmate Traffic Review

Guest H_Kev55

I don't know why this Oyvind person is always knocking the PAI models.I guess he can build them better eh?KJ

KJ"I guess he can build them better eh?"It does not matter weather he can build them better or not.I believe that it is a fair comparison with which I happen to agree.I love the way people fall back onto the same tired cliches when dissenting views are expressed.It`s the same old story.

I thought Ultimate Traffic used some of the PAI models anyway, so what is the point???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest cw1011

There is no way that it can't affect framerates. You are adding objects the computer has to draw whenever you are at a busy airport.You won't see a framerate hit while flying at 30,000 feet - because the computer doesn't have to draw the additional traffic. But you will see it, now matter who builds the ai models, at airports with lots of traffic. Re: the Project AI models. There was a post here somewhere in the past few months where a gent did some very exhaustive research about the framerate hits of specific project AI and Project Aardvark aircraft. His results seemed to indicate that there is indeed a significant difference in framerate hit within Project AI's fleet and in comparisoin with the Aardvark planes. Colin

Guest Tim13

">...I hope they will make it>compatible with FS2004!It will be, so will ProjectAI.""As we transition later this year to a new version of Flight Simulator, Flight One Software plans to support as many products as possible from its Flight Simulator 2002 library, including Ultimate Traffic. ----- Flight1"That is from the Flight1 website, and unfortunately doesn't sound like a guarantee that it will be brought over to FS2004. I'm sure that they will try to convert it, but who knows?Tim13

Guest tascaso

OkI have been using UT since its release. I cranked down my Traffic setting to 80%. With 100% there was just to much congestion and it was affecting my framerates.My system specs: AMD XP2100, WinFast GeForce 4 4400 and 512megs of Corsair DDR 2700, with SimWings airports and lets say the PSS BUS, I get 15-22 FPS on a clear day. The other day with broken clouds at 2000 feet on approach to KLAX, my rates were sinking down to 9-12 FPS, (unacceptable) that is when I turned the traffic down to 80%. It now frame rates in the low twenties (very acceptable).I am happy with the product, I am happy with the upgrade capabilities and I am happy with support. Tom Main is the best!!! I do not have the time to play around with setting up AI ... I wish I did. UT has fulfilled its mission as far as FS2002 goes. Tony

Guest frankcubillos

>There is no way that it can't affect framerates. You are>adding objects the computer has to draw whenever you are at a>busy airport.>>You won't see a framerate hit while flying at 30,000 feet ->because the computer doesn't have to draw the additional>traffic. But you will see it, now matter who builds the ai>models, at airports with lots of traffic. >>Re: the Project AI models. There was a post here somewhere in>the past few months where a gent did some very exhaustive>research about the framerate hits of specific project AI and>Project Aardvark aircraft. His results seemed to indicate>that there is indeed a significant difference in framerate hit>within Project AI's fleet and in comparisoin with the Aardvark>planes. >>ColinSo use the model of your choice, you can replace any model you like with a simple mouse click. You like Pepsi I like Coke, you have a choice on what you can use.---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize FSGateway/ProjectAI sig banner here

Guest tascaso

I used PAI exclusively for the past 6-8 months. Loved it and I had gotten quite good at adding airlines and aircraft. It is still great stuff with the new updated automatic installers. The AI Ardvark aircraft are really nice and can be incorporated with the UT interface. The possibilities are pretty huge with UT. The only problem I have is the time to do this!Tony

Personally I turn down the ground textures and auto-gen features rather than turning down the AI level. I really don't care how good the trees look when I'm flying my heavy iron at 35000 and when I'm trying to land....I'm looking at the runway my instruments and the Lufthansa 737 that just zipped over my head on final causing one hell of a backwash a throwing my A320 all over the place (I love my ActiveSky).My overall frame rate hit is no worse than it was with PAI, Aardvark and MRAI installed. Sure it chugs a little taxiing past the Terminal at EHAM or EGLL but I turn the panel off for a while and JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMN all that AI looks awsome.RobAMD XP1800+, 512MB DDR, GeForce2 Ti7700

Drop your frame lock to 15 as a suggestion. There is no performance loss from 18 to 15, but allows a little more headroom for the CPU to handle things in general. Also, if you run your ATC at 60 percent rather than anything above that, it will populate your virtual ground and sky, with enough flights to keep you sharp and happy as well as allow for less AI congestion at hold points. Again, the CPU can smooth things out in general with that performance combo.I have spent hours raising and dropping those two parameters to arrive at 60 percent ATC/lock of 15. Yeah..some would say that I need a life, and FAST, LOLOLOL. Whatever....I run with a Green Machine 1.4 Ghz. If I can be satisfied with great performance on that CPU, imagine what yours can give you if you have greater!All other sliders are maxed including shadows of ground and aircraft (no frame hits, at my performance mix) with the ONLY exception of having visibility set to the bottom end at 60. I have flown enough to see that that sets the vis to what actual world conditions I have flown through.Try the combo and see for yourself that it sharpens things up a bit and makes traffic a little more realistic to boot!Cheers!Mitch R.

I read at Flight1 web site, that UT may cause problems on Win98.Anyone running Win98 (SE) and UT?? Any problems?

Guest RobA

No problems here on Win98 SERob

In going with what Tim13 said above and being only 37 days away from the release of FS2004, I think I am going to remain parked at the gate and see if they issue a patch for it to work within FS2004. I have read that MS has totally redone the way they manage AI inside the sim.

Eric 

Guest MightyMatt76

I would like to say that after reading a nice review of the Ultimate Traffic product I was very surprised to read that it had little to no effect on framerates, as stated in the positive remarks area. When I found out that the Test System used had 1028 Megs of DDR Ram and a P4 3.08 I have to conclude that the review is biased to users and owners of first rate computer systems and that usually does not include the majority of the general public. Is it possible that the review could be rewritten based on facts obtained of a more average system thus giving us a more better idea of the performance.Just my 2 cents concerning the writing of reviews. Comments welcome.