Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

Can we get the "Existing VC's clickable in FS2004" question answered once and for all

Guest danowat

Hi,I have read conflicting reports on the functionality of clickable VC's in FS2004.I was under the impression that ANY VC (prehaps I should say Dynamic VC) that is present in FS2002 would transfer over to FS2004 AND be clickable.Is this correct, or not, could someone please tell us once and for all.Thanks in advanceDan.

Why not just wait till it comes out, nothing we can do until then anyway!From what I have read it WILL work, okey doke??I am just as anxious as everyone else, but.........Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Probably will depend on the panel/gauges. Talking about Brian Gladden's FSDS2 PC-12, IAW Bear in this post:

http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...57223&mode=full"You might be interested to know that about 50% of your VC panel functions (PC-12) are clickable as well, all except the autopilot."
:-outta
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest danowat

Sorry, I'll shut up and wait until it comes out.Dan.

Guest A321

>Why not just wait till it comes out, nothing we can do until>then anyway!>From what I have read it WILL work, okey doke??>>I am just as anxious as everyone else, but.........>>Regards, Michael>>>http://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg>>CalVirAir International VA>www.calvirair.com>Cougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation>www.cgrmtnhelos.comExcuse me, But whats wrong with asking the question, Why should you tell him to wait untill it comes out..? Its a valid question and if anybody knew the answer, then it would be nice to have it answerd. I am getting fed up with people like you taking this attiuide towards questions, like this. So it aint out yet, but some have it, and the NDA if its not lifted yet, it soon will be. Where is the sprit gone in this fourm, of course people have questions about a new product, and have good reasons to ask them... are we all just to shut up, and not ask questions, untill its deemed the right time by you.. Jason

Hi Dan,basically, all SDK-compliant gauges will work, as long as they're installed in the VC. To clarify: If the 2D gauge includes click-spots and it's called up in VC mode, the click spots will work. However, a lot of FS2002 panels will need alterations, as they do not include all the gauges in VC mode that are available in 2D mode. For example, the panel designer may have excluded the autopilot gauge from the VC, as it would just eat up fps, and wouldn't be clickable in FS2002 VC mode anyway. The same goes for various other switches, which may currently just be present as bitmaps in VC mode, but have full functionality in 2D mode.Hope that clears it up.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest danowat

Hi,Many thanks for the answer Gosta.Dan.