Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.Franco Corrias

Air Driven Pumps not working both in Auto&Continuous positions

Hi,during a flight from BKK to VHHX at FL 290 I experienced a random engine#3 flame out failure.During the related procedure I noticed that the Air Driven pump#3 haven't been activated being the switch in AUTO positiion. The RUN light was off the PRESS light was on and the pressure indicator indicates zero.I positioned the Air Driven Pump switch on CONTINUOUS with the same result.Has been that issue experienced by some one else or it's the first time it happens?Please try to shut an engine during flight and report how the ADP works in AUTO&CONTINOUS Positions.If this is the way of ADP working within RFP742 this is a very bad error.Gianfranco

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,during a flight from BKK to VHHX at FL 290 I experienced a random engine#3 flame out failure.During the related procedure I noticed that the Air Driven pump#3 haven't been activated being the switch in AUTO positiion. The RUN light was off the PRESS light was on and the pressure indicator indicates zero.I positioned the Air Driven Pump switch on CONTINUOUS with the same result.Has been that issue experienced by some one else or it's the first time it happens?Please try to shut an engine during flight and report how the ADP works in AUTO&CONTINOUS Positions.If this is the way of ADP working within RFP742 this is a very bad error.Gianfranco
To help somebody who doesn't know ADP within B742 is the acronym of the Hydraulic Air Driven Pump.

Gianfranco, I tried to duplicate it and was unable to do so. Have you tried it again to see if it is reproducible? If not, it may have been one of those one time things that sometimes happens.Best Regards,Ed

Gianfranco, I tried to duplicate it and was unable to do so. Have you tried it again to see if it is reproducible? If not, it may have been one of those one time things that sometimes happens.Best Regards,Ed
Hi ED,I tryied many times and the result is always the same.The only difference I discovered is that if the engine is shut down normally positioning the Eng Fuel Lever to CUT OUT the ADP works but the Lights RUN and PRESS do not work.If the engine is shut Down by an Engine Failure both random by the software or by the Assigment Failure men

Hi Gianfranco. I have a feeling that this may actually be a result of the old girl showing her age. Remember that the original Release of Ready for Pushback was for FS2002 and that release was an extensive update of the even older AETI 747-200 which was for FS2000. It may well be that this is a previously undiscovered bug in the update of RFP that was done for FS2004 and we just didn't find this one because no one knew to look for it. Hydraulics as I remember it were pretty limited in FS2004 and essentially non-existent before FS2000. I do remember that the first "built" in failures were coded in during the update for FS2004, and the way that the failures worked was primarily to simulate an engine fire from which the engine itself was toast so that re-starting it was problematical. Other than that, I just don't know.Ed

Hi Gianfranco. I have a feeling that this may actually be a result of the old girl showing her age. Remember that the original Release of Ready for Pushback was for FS2002 and that release was an extensive update of the even older AETI 747-200 which was for FS2000. It may well be that this is a previously undiscovered bug in the update of RFP that was done for FS2004 and we just didn't find this one because no one knew to look for it. Hydraulics as I remember it were pretty limited in FS2004 and essentially non-existent before FS2000. I do remember that the first "built" in failures were coded in during the update for FS2004, and the way that the failures worked was primarily to simulate an engine fire from which the engine itself was toast so that re-starting it was problematical. Other than that, I just don't know.Ed
Hi Ed,knowing how things are arrived at this point it's useless now important is to know who holds the source code and if he has the possibility to fix those bad errors.Do you have an idea?Gianfranco

Actually, I do, or think that I do. PM me and I'll share what I know.I am not at home, so it may be several days before I get back to you.Ed

Actually, I do, or think that I do. PM me and I'll share what I know.I am not at home, so it may be several days before I get back to you.Ed
OK Ed I'll wait for your return at home.Gianfranco