Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Unable to Download..

Guest lemonadedrinker

since Sunday night (GMT), but just Avsim. Is it me? The page says my browser settings may need changing. Perhaps it's a virus? Any advice appreciated.Thanks.Andy.

Guest lemonadedrinker

just done a system restore and it seems alrighht now!!!Sometimes I'm allowed out on my own. Andy.

I was having some issues, too. I would constantly get a "can't connect" dialog. But if I kept trying, I would get through.Usually this happens due to a high volume of downloading traffic. I believe in this case, it may have been due to the release of a whole bunch of POSKY stuff. I'm not sure, but that seems to have been the big release this past weekend. Normally, if you wait a day or so the problem clears up as people slow down on the downloading.'course, then again, maybe it was due to your system. Glad you're back up.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Thomas.Thanks for the response. The fact that the restore meant the d/loading would function again makes me think I'd got a buggy bit somewhere. Seems ok at the moment!Andy.

Guest wayupthere

My advice, run an Antivirus and Antispy scan. That d/l sometimes are slow, well Tom and the others explained why. But yeah having to go back to a restore point sounds a bit drastic.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. I run anti spy stuff all the time and the system restore doesn't seem all that drastic as it only takes a couple of minutes, is reversible etc etc and in this case seemed to work !Andy.

Hi Andy,If the download seems to have failed to connect/start I usually use the link at the bottom of the AVSIM Library - Download page, viz.:"However, if nothing appears to be happening, or the download fails, please try one of the links below:Download afcad221.zip from AVSIM Online -- Virginia, USA via FTP"Seems to work each time I've done it.Mike

Guest deKoven

>I was having some issues, too. I would constantly get a>"can't connect" dialog. But if I kept trying, I would get>through.>>Usually this happens due to a high volume of downloading>traffic. I believe in this case, it may have been due to the>release of a whole bunch of POSKY stuff. I'm not sure, but>that seems to have been the big release this past weekend. >Normally, if you wait a day or so the problem clears up as>people slow down on the downloading.>>'course, then again, maybe it was due to your system. Glad>you're back up.>>ThomasNot to mention the Hawker Siddley which was a LARGE package. Usually I just wait a day or so for the "impatient" to get in their DLs, then come back and pick up whatever I'm wanting. :D

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi MikeThanks for the answer, but the d/l page showed up and then went to that 'cannot find the page, please refresh' business before I got a chance to even try to d/l anything. I use IDM and even that never got a chance to show up before it all went South.Andy.

Hi Andy,Have you tried Star Downloader Free? http://www.stardownloader.com/On the whole I find it to be pretty reliable. For those links that prove tricky, I just press the key and use IE's downloader.Sometimes a flush of the Temporary Internet files via Tools - Internet Options.. in the IE menu can be helpful. Then restart IE and try again.Mike

I'm having the same problem. I see others being able to download. All of a sudden I can't grab it either from the AOL screen (as usual) or by IE. Ran all the usual utilities, and all are clean. This is strange.Don

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,First, thank you all for your responses.@ Don,This business with the 'system restore' certainly put the downloads back on, but what caused the failure in the first place I do not know- my screen showed an error message at shutdown about 'iexplore.e*e' but that has gone now. Which is probably a good thing! I searched for that and they all seem respectable MS thingies so I left them and just did the restore.I do think though that it altered some files( in the sim ) in it's restoration which I have had to redo, but that was probably me going back a bit too far.I hope you get it sorted out, and one last point was that this only affected trying to download from Avsim. Odd.Andy.

I restored it back to Sunday, and it didn't do anything. This is strange. I haven't added anything into the system or updated anything in weeks. No settings have been changed either. You're correct in the statement about it only happening here. All other sites can download fine. Strange! Thanks! Let's see what happens in a day or so.Don