Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

CH Pedals USB Braking problem

Am I missing something? Is there some trick to releasing brakes if you have the CH Products USB pedals? Seems like I can take off by releasing brakes the usual way, but if I want to taxi back out again and try another circuit, I can no longer release the brakes with the "." key. Confused, http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c-130-ani.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hello, Go into the controller settings for the pedals and see if the reverse box is checked for the left and right toe brakes, check it, see if that solves your problem. Maybe I am reading this wrong by I assume that your brakes are "stuck on"; I had the problem and checking the reverse box did the trick! See if that helps any, if not, I'm sure somebody else around here will be able to help!Dan :) :+

In the Contorls - Assignments in FS the brake azes have to be reversed, also sometimes I have to just dab the brakes to release them if '.' does not.HTH

In addition to the checkboxes that Dan mentioned, the deadzone setting may help. Get to the dialog where you set the sensitivities and deadzones for the pedals and check the "Advanced" box so that you can set them individually. Push the deadzone sliders all the way to the left for the two toe brakes. It seems kind of "backwards" to go left, I think it's a result of having the reverse checkboxes checked for the USB pedals. Anyway, once you've adjusted them, save everything and restart FS2002. That usually fixes it up. You might want to adjust the deadzone a bit to the right later, full left leaves quite a bit of pedal travel before the brakes start to engage, but try them full left first to make sure the brakes are working correctly.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Dan:Are you referring to the CONTROLS - SENSITIVITIES section of FS 2002 or some other applet? And thanks Bob and Vulcan as well....http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c-130-ani.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Yeah Guys, excuse my ignorance, but I can't seem to find that "reverser" box you're taslking about. In FSUIPC? Please specify the pathway for me. Found everything else just fine.Thanks, http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c-130-ani.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

The reverse box is in the options/controls/assigment/Axis section

Thanks Anders! Cool sig too....http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c-130-ani.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD