Sign in to follow this  
TPerson

Frame rates on a 3.00 ghz 800FSB

If anyone has this type of set-up can you please post your frame rate performance please?ThanksAbe

Ya.. are ya?they'd be so high...####

Not really, on some posts I have seen with full AI, sliders to the right and weather they are in the teens, depends on the system and how it is setup. I was going to ask the same question to see if I can get an average and see if it was really worth it to invest in this setup. If I can't fly with FULL AI (UT), in and out of Simflyers DFW in the Beechjet 400 in VC mode with real weather, all sliders maxed with AA and AF, several other utilities open and have fluid framerates and GOOD performance, then what is the point!!?? If it is possible to have this on a regular basis, I will buy a new PC tommorrow! LOL Again, a very logical question! Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

>they'd be so high...http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

>Ya.. are ya?>>they'd be so high...>>####Plz watch the language

The reason why asked the question is that I want to build this set-up ASAP. I would appreciate set-up scenario's so that I can build this PC fast and test it well before July 29ThanksAbe

Thanks Abe:I am considering the same thing. My debate is somewhat as follows though:Between the P4P800 (Springdale) and P4C800 (Canterwood) MotherboardsBetween 2.6, 2.8, and 3.0 800MHz CPU's.The price almost doubles, and from what I am reading, I am not sure that the performance difference is worth it, or possibly even significant. (Overclocking?)I am sure you have already read Tom's Hardware reviews. Particularly with the motherboards, performance seems virtually identical.Now! To liquid cool, or not to liquid cool?Thanks again:RTH

Guest B52Drivr

Abe,I too am thinking of this new system . . . it seems that the 3.0 800 and it's associated motherboard, at this time is the place to go, and I notice on Googlegear, the price going down almost every day.I presently have (its the kids computer when mine went belly up due to a lighting strike) but it's a P4 1.8 overclocked to 2.2 with a G Force Ti 4600. Most all sliders are 3/4 and I am locked at 30 fps.In addition, it might have been nice if 'someone' would have just answered the question . . . . However, I do have a friend who has a new 3.0 800 P4 and the corresponding Intel motherboard and the same vid card as I. He runs the sliders on 2002 at 3/4 like I do and he is locked at 40 and hardly ever drops below 30 with no stutters and smooth as silk . . . he also runs two other monitors with pci vid cards for accessories.Hope this is some help . . . very soon I will be going to that exact system with 1 gig of ram and perhaps a newer vid card.BestClayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest cw1011

I'm sitting tight. I have a 2.6 gig with over 700 megs of RAMBUS memory and just bought a Radeon. I'm still in the low teens at a busy airport with 50% ai with about 90%of project AI's planes and plans on board. Partial cloudiness still brings my system to a grinding 8 - 12 fps. There is now way that hyper threading and 400 more mgz (dual channel DDR is no faster than RAMBUS so that's not an issue)is going to give more than incremental performance boost. And you are correct - the difference is literally a doubling in price. I am going to wait for the next generation of Intel Chips this fall or winter - and think seriously about moving into a new box when the cpus exceed 4 gigs. This time I'm building my own, (no dell) and putting in a water cooler and over-clocking like crazy. Tom's has a 3.06 gig running at 4.2 with a compressor box. Thats a 36%% increase in clock speed...Fortunately, the Radeon 9700 has legs - will probably make the move to a new system. What type of machine do you currently have? Have you explored all the upgrade capabilities - new CPU? more memory? new graphics card?I just upgraded my 423 pin p4 1.9 to a 2.6 using an adapter - got a 25% increase in performance in FS for just over $250.00.Food for thought.Colin

>If anyone has this type of set-up can you please post your>frame rate performance please?Abe,My machine specs are below...With most sliders all the way to the right, I am getting a steady 25FPS locked at 25FPS at Meigs. This is with FSMeteo Reality-XP and MyTraffic running with the FSD Cheyenne GMAX in a marginally cloudy day. However over NYC in an overcast day with fog etc. I was down around 17 - 19 with the same setup.Please keep in mind that I have all scenery sliders maxed as well as AI maxed and probably one of he most complex High Performance GA aircraft ever for MSFS 2002 (The Cheyenne from FSD).However I cannot describe the fluidity and clarity of the images on my screen with this unit when running at 25FPS. I have had it running locked at 30FPS using the default C172 at YGEL, (regional airport in Oz) and the experience is breathtaking. This is the sort of simming I dreamt about when I started about 19 years ago on a PCXT.I just wish I could post a full screen image. I probably will at the FSD forum site if you are interested. You won't be disappointed with your purchase of this spec machine, I can assure you.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Pentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit LanKingmax 512MB PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz Rated x 2BUILT By ATI (Original) Radeon 9800PRO w/TV Out & DVI 128Meg DDRTEAC DV-W50E, 4x DVD-R/ 2x RW, 16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, 16xDVD, 32x CD-ROM Internal Drive Only Western Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, 8MB Cache, 5.2ms, 10,000rpm , S-ATA, w/DataLifeguard WD 40Gig HD for dataATX 470W Pentium IV Power Supply CESkyhawk Jupiter Aluminum CaseHyundai -ImageQuest P910 , 19" Multi-Scan Digital MonitorHercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby

Yes, Thank you. I was looking at the same motherboard myself. I was wondering if you can direct me to your posted pics please?Abe

Hi, maybe this helps.Basically it's the scenario described by Michael Carr earlier in this thread:situation:RXP equipped Eaglesoft Beechjet at KDFW, not SimFlyers but Wilco Airports 2002 (probably worse for FPS), UT traffic at 100%, ActiveSky WRXE real weather, FSSkyworld clouds;sim:all sliders max; cfg file edited to show extended terrain levels etc. farther out (big hit on FPS!)video drivers: AA 6x, AF 8x, 'quality' selected, 1024x768x32system:P4C 2.6 @ 3.2 (246 Mhz FSB) on aircooling;Abit IC7 (don't believe Toms Hardware btw.)2x 256 Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 @ 196/392 DDRRadeon 9700 Pro @ 330.75/330.75 Catalyst 3.4Creative Audigy 210000 rpm WD Raptor 36Gb oh, and I haven't installed a decent graphics program yet so the picture was stretched 75% and JPG-ed in Paint-looks horrible but does show the FPS. This is about the worst I got, mostly it's between 15 and 9 looking down upon the airport activity depending on where you are and how much is in view-in the case of this picture, all the crowded terminals.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/18035.jpgThis doesnt't tell the whole story, of course-for instance, I haven't seen any blurryness, and outside these super-busy airports, the framerates go up to a constant 20 (locked)-that's smooth enough for me. I may still push for more, but this machine is new and I'm still experimenting with the settings; mainly I want to avoid blurries, so I'm erring on the conservative side.

Would an XP3000 work on an EPOX 8K7A motherboard?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10