Sign in to follow this  
TPerson

Frame rates on a 3.00 ghz 800FSB

Guest tascaso

Consider the value of the P4 2.4C 800mhz chip easily OC to 3.0 on air cooling. Intel likes to throw the OC'ers a bone once in awhile! Again with FS2002, I am quite happy with framerates in 20's and if on approach they happen to dip a bit into the teens and bounce back I am satisfied.If I were building a new box this year I would do the 2.4C. Then again there is the AMD with their rock bottow prices. I am running a AMD XP2100 $70 and it runs everything I throw at it which is racing sims 90% of the time. FS2002 is gathering dust at this time.Well I do not know if this post makes sense...but enjoy building your new box...I always do and the prices are spectacular...I remember the days of paying nearly $900 for a new chip, mobo and ram!Tony

Yes. I though the opening post had a valid question. No need to bash. I would like to know as well what some of the systems out there are producing. I want to know will it be worth the money to buy the 3.06P IV HT 800FSB with Dual Channel DDR and the Neo MSI MB, upgrade the GPU, one or both.I get a steady 20-30 with the 2.4 533 and a 5200FX. AA @ Application control and 8x AF (except my Airport 2002 vol. 1 locations). The Airport 2002 areas, I do good to get 10....Good Day.Jay BirchCFI,CFII,MEIMobile, ALwww.clearedasfiled.com

Oh sorry, I didn't think dam was against the rules... seen mods use it it before.

Sorry, I just don't get these types of posts which have been rampant lately. You have a top of the line system and are worrying about what framerates will be?? I'm confused. I think people like me should be more concerned who are still stuck with 1.3ghz systems running Win98!!

"Hi, maybe this helps.Basically it's the scenario described by Michael Carr earlierin this thread:situation:RXP equipped Eaglesoft Beechjet at KDFW, not SimFlyers butWilco Airports 2002 (probably worse for FPS), UT traffic at100%, ActiveSky WRXE real weather, FSSkyworld clouds;sim:all sliders max; cfg file edited to show extended terrainlevels etc. farther out (big hit on FPS!)video drivers: AA 6x, AF 8x, 'quality' selected, 1024x768x32system:P4C 2.6 @ 3.2 (246 Mhz FSB) on aircooling;Abit IC7 (don't believe Toms Hardware btw.)2x 256 Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 @ 196/392 DDRRadeon 9700 Pro @ 330.75/330.75 Catalyst 3.4Creative Audigy 210000 rpm WD Raptor 36Gb oh, and I haven't installed a decent graphics program yet sothe picture was stretched 75% and JPG-ed in Paint-lookshorrible but does show the FPS. This is about the worst I got,mostly it's between 15 and 9 looking down upon the airportactivity depending on where you are and how much is in view-inthe case of this picture, all the crowded terminals.This doesnt't tell the whole story, of course-for instance, Ihaven't seen any blurryness, and outside these super-busyairports, the framerates go up to a constant 20(locked)-that's smooth enough for me. I may still push formore, but this machine is new and I'm still experimenting withthe settings; mainly I want to avoid blurries, so I'm erringon the conservative side."YES!!!! Thank you, this is what I wanted a REALISTIC showing with a high end machine! If I invest in this type of PC I want to know I can run it in any FS environment. I can only imagine what it must be like to fly a default aircraft out of a default airport, talk about fliud! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Ok I have a 3Ghz 800FSB system that I just built 2 weeks ago. See my system specs below.With all sliders maxed except the mesh detail slider set at 90, AI traffic at 100%, and Anti Aliasing set at Quincunx I'm getting frame rates in the 2D cockpit in the 40 range. With the 3D virtual cockpit depending on the plane it varies from 18 to 27 FPS but most of the time towards 27. These numbers are while flying over areas with auto gen buildings but with clear weather. In another test I flew the Flight One Piper Meridian in the area of Mammoth CA (mountainous region) and in the 2D cockpit my frame rate never dropped below 25. In the 3D cockpit it stayed around 18.Edit: I should have mentioned I run FlightSim 2002 at 1280x1024x32.ToddPentium 4 - 3Ghz 800Mhz FSBIntel D875PBZ Motherboard512Mb of Corsair DDR400 PC32000 MemoryPNY Geforce 4 4600Maxtor 160Gb ATA/133 with 8mb CacheMaxtor 80Gb ATA/133 with 2mb Cache (FlightSim installed here)SB Live PlatinumWindows XP Professional

Huh???Could you please explain what it is that you're trying to say. I'm not sure what the "rampant posts lately" comment is trying to get at.I just see what folks that don't have a high end machine are wondering what sort of frame rates can be expected if they upgraded.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

>If anyone has this type of set-up can you please post your>frame rate performance please?www.simhq.com has them for the new 3.2 GHz P4.(and they are lower than you might expect!).

Bob are you asking me how much for my rig? If so I purchased the components individually as I build my own rigs. The components were purchased at a major retailer and not ordered online.P4 - 3Ghz 800Mhz - $459Intel D875PBZ Motherboard - $189512Mb Corsair DDR400 PC3200 Memory - $179(You must use 2 memory modules for max performance on a 875 chipset motherboard, so that's 2x256mb modules @$179)All of the other components I already had with the exception of a new case.Todd