Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Trouble w/ FSX + FSPassengersX + Vista64?

Seemed like a fun product, so I sprung for it. Now I am getting lockups in FSX, which i absolutely never had before. I uninstalled FSPax, all was fine, reinstalled FSPax, and it makes it 80% into a flight and locks up again. Anyone having this combination work? I posted in their forum too.Thanks,Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Yes indeed it's a cool little program. The only problem is support, seems that the developer has some sort of an illness and is barerly frequenting his own message boards and being he's the only one that can help people out, as their moderator team is pretty much useless, there's practically no support on this product. He still needs to address blowing tire issue that's been going on for about 9 months now. Pathetic.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I do use FSPassengers on Vista 64 without issues, did you disable UAC before installing and right click the exe for "Run as administrator" ?Then, when installed, right click the shortcut, go to properties and check "Run as administrator" box, this way the program always opens the correct way, i did the same with all my shortcuts :( Drumcode: I was very annoyed myself with the "tire blown" issue until i read that, when landing under -500fpm, tires would hold so it all came to refining my landing technique.... :(

I have a very similar set up to you including the MD80 pro and F1 C510 and have had trouble running the MD80 and FsPax. FSX will just go black then spit me to the desktop with a random .dll error. I never had trouble with any other add-on including the F1 Mustang. Over at the Coolsky forum someone suggested trying http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/ but I have not had a chance yet.

He still needs to address blowing tire issue that's been going on for about 9 months now. Pathetic.
So this 'blowing tyre issue' only happens if FSP detects a touchdown rate >500fpm. And you're calling this an 'issue'? If you are flaring the AC at the correct point, your touchdown velocity shouldn't be anywhere near -500fpm.You would have a planeloads of disgruntled pax as well as some harsh words in your ear from the Ground Crews, if you were doing this consistently.In the 98 landings that I've made, not all have been perfect, but I've yet to blow a single tyre.

So this 'blowing tyre issue' only happens if FSP detects a touchdown rate >500fpm. And you're calling this an 'issue'? If you are flaring the AC at the correct point, your touchdown velocity shouldn't be anywhere near -500fpm.You would have a planeloads of disgruntled pax as well as some harsh words in your ear from the Ground Crews, if you were doing this consistently.In the 98 landings that I've made, not all have been perfect, but I've yet to blow a single tyre.
There should be an option to disable this. A lot of people asked for this.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

There should be an option to disable this. A lot of people asked for this.
While deviating from the OP's post (sorry) I couldn't let this pass without some defense of one of the best chunks of software the FS devs have created thus far:- No there shouldn't be an option to disable this - they should learn how to land before getting into a passenger-carrying aircraft. Dean is perfectly correct. I'm certainly not the world's best pilot, but I constantly fly the LSH Maddog and have yet to lose a tire on landing. Here's some advice from a recent post over at the FSPassengers forum:-
Author: AnadoluJet <-Msg 2 Posts Status: Young recruit Date 09-23-09 11:16fspassengers is a very well designed program. so if you cant land an aircraft smoothly, its not fspassengers fault, its your fault. it meansthat you dont know how to do(in real word and in simulation). but dont be upset its very easy to learn:first, choose your aircraft wisely, know your aircrafts specifications before fly it! for example:*blowing tires generally means that you are too fast to land. on the other hand, modern boeings are very fast aircrafts and its a realproblem to make them slow down, especially in landings(even default b737-400). so, use them when you learn how to land.*the easiest dont have to be the smallest in every case. if you can land cessnas basic versions then fly with boeing 727s to learn how toland a mej class. 727s are the easiest aircrafts to land. they can land with ultra slow speeds. thats what you need. exercise with loaded727s. when you learn how to land 727, go on with airbus A300s. yeap im not joking. eventhough its a wide bodied flying monster, its aperfect balanced aircraft. in fact most balanced aircraft i have ever seen. it does everything you want, very easy to slow down or maneuver.second, always land with nose up, therefore main landing gears can touch first. main landing gears are made for carrying all the aircraftsweight. front gears can not do main gears job!third, you must engage your autopilots airspeed holder. i choose 135 knots for wide bodied jets and 125 knots for narrow bodied jets.when your copilot says 30 or 20 to land, shutdown your autopilots all functions and let your plane flow and land smoothly.last, be parallel with runway every time. dont make too hard descents. (landing is so easy that in fact you can land smoothly while yourcopilot becomes insane in some cases, my copilot screams that "ur descent rate is high", "watch the descent rate", "gentle on the sticklook at the descent rate" or something like that at 1500-1000s. but i landed smoothly even in these cases. so the important part of landingis after copilots "300!" scream.)suggestion: do not exercise landing without fspassengers. cause fspassengers has dominant role on your aircrafts flight dynamics.flying without fspassengers wont teach you anything.suggestion 2: you can slow down your game speed at the altitude of 1000s. so u dont miss anything when u land.suggestion 3: we always tend to accuse the games when we cant handle them. dont do that! try to understand how it works.suggestion 4: work hard!fspassengers is the best project on flight simulators i have ever seen. perfectly designed. thanks all the makers of it!
It's a poor workman who blames his tools.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul, I'm not even getting into a pissing contest with you over this. One thing though, who are you to tell me or other people for that matter what to do? This is a simulation add-on for god sakes, if I wish to have an option as a paying customer (or plenty of other people that asked), the developer should at least consider it. It's none of your business how I or anyone else is landing their planes, if I want extreme realism, I should be able to set it like in the FSX.

Jacek G.

Yes indeed it's a cool little program. The only problem is support, seems that the developer has some sort of an illness and is barerly frequenting his own message boards and being he's the only one that can help people out, as their moderator team is pretty much useless, there's practically no support on this product. He still needs to address blowing tire issue that's been going on for about 9 months now. Pathetic.
If this is true, I won't be purchasing this product. I was really considering buying it but now I am going to wait and see what happens.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

After purchasing it when it came out what, a year ago, i did not find any flaws or probleme with that software, do not hesitate to purchase it !After swearing at it in the beginnings for blowing my tires and finding that i land to fast, it made me a better pilot trying to land the correct way, i even do miss approach if i find i will run out of runway when i try to hard to land smoothly and spend half of the runway before touching ground :(

For anyone using a quality add-on (PMDG, LvD, F1 etc...) proper landings should not be an issue as all the information is given in the FMC. Landing with default AC is a little trickier since most of the calculations must be done by hand and what may feel right on a CPU Sim is not always right numbers wise. As I don't use default AC and I try to fly by the numbers so to speak so I've never encountered a blown tire. However for those who can't afford pricey add-ons or spare the time it takes to learn one I see no reason why the author could not ad another config edit to disable this penalty. There are already a number of options that can be disabled such as the running off the runway, overspeed reversers, etc.. so why not blown tires?

Paul, I'm not even getting into a pissing contest with you over this. One thing though, who are you to tell me or other people for that matter what to do? This is a simulation add-on for god sakes, if I wish to have an option as a paying customer (or plenty of other people that asked), the developer should at least consider it. It's none of your business how I or anyone else is landing their planes, if I want extreme realism, I should be able to set it like in the FSX.
You certainly have a right to fly how you want to Drumcode, but this developer has produced a superb package for us to enjoy in the same manner that A2A Simulations has produced the Cub, the B377 and the P47 Jug - all with their new AccuSim. They are tough to fly - particularly the Jug, and if you don't fly them by the numbers - they will for sure crash and burn. If I stuff the P47 into the ground because I let it slip below 150 in the circuit - it's my fault - not A2A's - and I have no right to complain when someone tells me I should learn to fly the Texan before I get into a Jug. A2A are replicating - as close as they can - the real world - and so is Dan Steph.Anyway - I'm not going to second-guess Dan Steph's reasoning for being absent from the forum - I do know he's had heart problems this summer, and that's an adequate excuse in my books. I also expect that he didn't make the tire-blowing an option because he didn't expect people to hit the runway at better than 500feet/second, and then for you to call his lack of response and his management of his forum -
moderator team is pretty much useless, there's practically no support on this product. He still needs to address blowing tire issue that's been going on for about 9 months now. Pathetic.
- is just a little bit arrogant. This guy, single handedly took three years to produce FS PassengersX, and he has a devoted following, and there are many, many posts on the site saying the same as I have. Don't blame the software. Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Good Lord!Problem solved. I began to retrace what happened a few days ago to see if maybe something else might have been the issue. I had moved my PC, which sits near my gerry rigged total cooling solution for my Penryn Quad running at 3.9 to 4.1Ghz, as needed. Apparently one of the wires going into a molex connector, upstream from my 4th drive, where FSX lives, ended up pulling out enough to cause first, probably an intermittent loss of power to the drive, and worse, THE DANG THING ALMOST CAUGHT FIRE when I turned the PC on, having pulled it out from its normal living place, so I could inspect a few things, make sure all drive cables were seated, etc. I turned it on, and smoke began coming off the wire when, the end of which had come halfway out of its molex connector, and was now touching an edge of my Lian Li case. That's when I noticed the wire somehow had come halfway out. OMG! Crysis apparently averted tho, since I turned if off immediately and replaced the pigtail with the SATA connector on it, going to Drive 4. All is well once more and there are no issues with FSPax. These red herrings can be very troublesome: it all began when I unlocked the sucker with the passocode. I just forgot I had moved the PC and caused this short around the same time. And I was getting close to reinstalling FSX! Good Lord!Thanks for your ideas and help.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Noel,Glad to see your PC's thermo-nuclear status has been reduced back to Defcon 5, but quite how this has tranformed your slam-dunk landings into acceptable FSP ones, leaves me slightly bemused.You sure you replied to the right thread? :(

Noel,Glad to see your PC's thermo-nuclear status has been reduced back to Defcon 5, but quite how this has tranformed your slam-dunk landings into acceptable FSP ones, leaves me slightly bemused.You sure you replied to the right thread?
Dean, I beleive it's you that should read the whole thread...lol. Try the very first post. Noel was not having issues with landings. :(