Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Liquid Cooled Systems?

For optimum FS2004 performance, am thinking of an upgrade, and am considering liquid cooling.So far, am considering the following:Asus P4P800 (Springdale) or P4C800 Deluxe (Canterwood) MBIntel 2.6, 2.8, or 3.0 GB 800MHz CPU1GB 3200/400 MemoryWas considering the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra MB, but from Tom's Hardware review it seems that double the price would produce less performance. There is quite a dandy difference between the pricing of the two Asus MB's and the CPU's as well. Whether the increase in performance is worth the difference in $$ is in the eye of the beholder I guess. (Decisions decisions!)So far, in several past upgrades, I have managed to avoid fiddling with the CPU, and the procedure for implementing liquid cooling to the MB and CPU has me a bit apprehensive. (Purchased Motherboard + CPU combinations usually with a new case, PS and memory if applicable for the upgrade in the past).I would prefer to follow my old procedure with the purchase of a new motherboard/CPU combination with a new case, possibly with one of the newer cooling applications.Liquid cooling is a new item to me, and I am not confident as to how to implement it. Is it possible to purchase a case/MB/CPU with liquid cooling already setup and included in the assembly? I have not found such an installed assembly (i.e. pricewatch).I see liquid cooled cases, liquid cooled attachements for the Mother Board and/or CPU. I also have seen pricing for complete systems including drives, graphic cards, modems etc. which I already have and intend to transfer to the new case. Does anyone list bare bones systems for only the case, motherboard, CPU, and memory with liquid cooling provisions already installed similar to that offered on air cooled systems, or am I going to have to install each of these components individually myself if I want a liquid cooled system?This is sounding more and more like the way to go for FS2004 to me (including a bit of overclocking).Thanks:RTH

Guest Gordius

One of my local stores will quite happily setup whatever one might need from slipping in some more RAM to a complete PC Build tailored to excatly the components you ask for. They don't usually charge for anything but the cost of the parts and if the cost of parts is high they often give a discount!While a visir to Plymouth, UK would I am sure be out of the question maybe there is such a store near you?