Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Real Jetstream 4100...good plane?

Hi,I'm going to San Diego next month and flying out of KABE. First leg is to Dulles on a Jetstream 4100, then on to the heavy iron (Airbus 320 to San Diego). I've never flown on this plane in real life. How is it for comfort, safety, and overall enjoyable flight experience. I'm curious. Any real 4100 pilots out there. I'd love to have a GMAX version with all the eye candy for MSFS. Thanks, Stan

My experience on the Jetstream--a bit negative. I never found it the most comfortable of turboprops to be on, although the Beech 1900 ranks lowest (I've been stuck once too often in that middle seat in the back of the aircraft).... I've always been more partial to the Dash, ATR, DO-328 or the Embraer. But the one I miss the most is the SHORTS, with those nice big windows and the high wing--there was nothing better for sightseeing on the short hops. Until three years ago, I found myself in the commuter A/C about once every 2-3 days. I can still remember the unique sights/sounds of each.Best thing to do on the 41 is to get a seat on the single seat side (the 41 has 1+2 seating).-John

Thanks. It's the only plane in my round trip to San Diego that I haven't flown before. I will be flying back on A319, and 757. Going to Vegas after San Diego for a few days before returning to Allentown, Pa. I hope Robert from PMDG reads this post and tells me a little about his 4100 feelings. Stan

Guest oyvindhansen

He has alread told about his feelings for the plane in the PMDG forum. Basically it is good for the pilots, but not too comfortable for the passengers, according to him.- Oyvind

In NZ its both windy and full of J31`s, 41`s and Saab 340s.Its true you`ll feel the air more, but takeoff is was more subtle than in a jet and they are more nimble once in the air. A jet cuts through the air whereas the little props ride with it. You`ll notice the noise in the Jetstream - the quietest turboprop i`ve been on is the ATR-72 (also Air NZ).You`ll enjoy it - listen out for prop pitch changes if you can pick them up, after takeoff into climb and then levelling off (the noise level will drop).CheersLungs