Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anticyclone

*** Active Camera 2002 available ***

Me too! It vibrates terribly. I lost my hat switch left and right views in the cockpit. All I get is a black screen right and left. Hope it gets fixed. Otherwise it's GREAT! Regards, Bob.

Guest Coneman

Ditto here. Also get a split horizon on external view. But love that approach view!Thanks for your work,Todd

Guest odog

wow, are you guys changing the view in the alt bar?I set mine to "activate fly by" and externally its all good. Shake goes away.Im not having any problems. I believe you can set keystrokes to the camera modes...its not like the old one, where you could flip through the views. If i want to pan in the VC i have to select "internal pilot view"adding keystrokes would make this less of a pain.im I just lucky or what?joe

Guest Anticyclone

To Erik, Dan, Pepeillo and Bob,Since there is an option that enables mouse panning and zooming in spot plane view, UNCHECK the gradual transition option in the FS 2002 menu

Guest Anticyclone

Todd,UNCHECK the gradual transition option in the FS 2002 menu

Guest Steve K

Great job guys and THANK YOU!!!

just wanted to say a big Thanks to the ANTICYCLONE TEAM....FANTASTIC...fs2002 wouldn't be the same without it.... best wishes steve

Guys, do like Serge says here....UNCHECK SMOOTH TRANSITIONS in thespot plane view. That will fix it. I had the same problem til I wrote to him.Having said that I still went back to Active Camera Pro for now. I just like the fluidity of the outside views in that version. AC2002 seems a little "stiff" in the outside view panning. Personal taste I guess.EJJ

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest LonelyplanetXO

Hi Serge,I love active camera but I've struck a few problems with this new version. I spend 90% of my flying time in VC view, but find when I press "s" to see the outside views, the VC view disappears - ie. I dont have a VC view anymore. To get it back I have to cycle back to the 2d panel, press ctrl F11, hit S then press ctrl F11 and f12 to reactivate my VC w/active camera. Also I tried your advice regarding the stuttery fly by view - still cant seem to get a smooth transitiion. Finally, the sounds? I read the manual but all I get with the "play sound" box checked in any external view is very loud wind noise?I know im a bit thick, maybe I havent understood something in the manual?LonelyplanetXO

Guest Anticyclone

Hi LonelyplanetXO,Regarding the VC view : this happens if you switch to Active Camera external pilot view (Pressing X key or through menu) from the 2D panel. If you cycle to VC WITHOUT returning back to the 2D panel first, you will never see the VC. It it because the external pilot view is linked to the VC and not to the 2D panel, therefore it is advised to use the AC2002 external pilot view ALWAYS from the VC.It seems you make a confusion with the Fly by and the FS spot plane view. Have a look at www.anticyclone.be/active.html and read the FAQ regarding the spot plane view.Sounds : in external view wind is blowing, if you start to walk you'll hear your steps (numpad 8,2,4,6).You are not thick at all, it a new concept and one need some experience with it.Regards,

Hi! I'm having several problems: I have a wheel mouse, but it don't seem to work whit active camera. I works perfectly whit others applications such as internet explorer, office, and all general windows programs but i can't get it to work whit active camera. But it doesn't end there. I can't use the internal or the external pilot view neither. I tried whit the menu and the hot keys but nothing happened. Both VC and Spot plane view seem to work as they do if no active camera where installed. The only feature that actually works is the fly-by view. I would really apreciate some help!!! I se those screenshots and those great views and i get mad when i can't use the add-on properly!!!thanks Bruno

Guest Anticyclone

Bruno,was Active Camera Pro already installed ?If so, did you remove the Active Camera Pro dll and cfg before installing AC2002 ?Otherwise uninstall AC2002 (there is an executable to uninstall the module in the FS2002 main folder - Active Camera 2002 Uninstal.exe), then make a new installation.

Already done both things!!! But still burning my brain trying to make it work! I think i could call myself an advanced user, and i tried everything!! but nothing seems to have any good result!! Tankyou anyway!!!

>Dear fellow simmers,>>Active Camera 2002 can be downloaded at>www.anticyclone.be/active.html (file is 1.7 Mb).>>New features : >>- user manual in Adobe PDF format >- installer >- pre-stall buffeting effect (with stress sound played)>- Ambient sounds (steps, wind) when in external pilot view >- Internal pilot view automatically checked when switching to>external pilot view >- linear zooming >- ability to project the camera on the ground along the>current track flown by the aircraft (Approach View or spotter>view) >- ability to enable/disable all features via keyboard>shortcuts (Dialog Box, Fly By, Internal pilot view, External>View, Approach View) >- more realistic settings for head latency and ground>turbulences features (limited to 2.0, recommended is 0.60 to>1.0) >- on ground, head latency is limited to 0.2 (hard coded) and>makes rudder movements more realistic while taxiing or rolling>at higher speed >- mouse panning and zooming in spot plane view. >- recording and calling up to 10 preset views in the virtual>cockpit >- saving and calling a specific set of preset views for an>unlimited number of aircrafts >>There is still a limitation in external view (weird graphics)>:-( >>If you have Active Camera Pro already installed on your hard>drive, remove the existing activecamerapro.dll and cfg. Then>launch AC2002.exe>>Hope you'll like the module.>>Serge BAYE and Guillaume DARIER>

Guest Anticyclone

Bruno,since you see the Active Camera menu in FS2002 options, the dll is correctly installed. My guess is that you forgot to enable the Internal pilot view (through FS2002-Options-Active Camera 2002). In order to pan and zoom with your mouse in the VC this option must be checked (or press CTRL-F11).