Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anticyclone

*** Active Camera 2002 available ***

Guest Anticyclone

Dear fellow simmers,Active Camera 2002 can be downloaded at www.anticyclone.be/active.html (file is 1.7 Mb).New features : - user manual in Adobe PDF format - installer - pre-stall buffeting effect (with stress sound played)- Ambient sounds (steps, wind) when in external pilot view - Internal pilot view automatically checked when switching to external pilot view - linear zooming - ability to project the camera on the ground along the current track flown by the aircraft (Approach View or spotter view) - ability to enable/disable all features via keyboard shortcuts (Dialog Box, Fly By, Internal pilot view, External View, Approach View) - more realistic settings for head latency and ground turbulences features (limited to 2.0, recommended is 0.60 to 1.0) - on ground, head latency is limited to 0.2 (hard coded) and makes rudder movements more realistic while taxiing or rolling at higher speed - mouse panning and zooming in spot plane view. - recording and calling up to 10 preset views in the virtual cockpit - saving and calling a specific set of preset views for an unlimited number of aircrafts There is still a limitation in external view (weird graphics) :-( If you have Active Camera Pro already installed on your hard drive, remove the existing activecamerapro.dll and cfg. Then launch AC2002.exeHope you'll like the module.Serge BAYE and Guillaume DARIER

uh oh, a last release before fs2004? hmm, does me sense a PAYWARE version comming soon AFTER 2k4? :-) lolThanks Serge!...glad to see you guys are back!!Dave

Thanks for the new version! I look forward to trying it out. Your utility is something I use just about any time I fly. Thanks again!Tony

the new features seem really interesting... Any news for the FS2004 version of Active Camera?I hope we won't have to wait too much for it. It's a Must Have add-on for every flight simmer.

HI Serge,Well, you and Guillaume have done it again! You keep on improving Active Camera, and it is turning into a tour de force in FS2002, and I know you are also developing for a later version.Thanks so much for your patient tweaking and determination to improve Active Camera, and I am doubly grateful that you used both the Marchetti SF260 and the Falcon 50 as a test bed.Best Regards,Rob Young

Guest dek

Looks like great work guys! Thanks!dek

Guest ba747heavy

Thank you sir! You have made my day!

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Rob,Thank you for the kind comments and encouragements.Your SF260 (and its accurate flight dynamics) has been more than helpful when we tweaked the head latency and pre-stall buffeting effects. The pre-stall stress sound was captured from a video I recorded when performing a spin in a Pitts S2B.Recently Guillaume started to code a like 1st person game function (with a basic 3D animated pilot) for the external pilot view. After Tomb Raider will we have Airport Raider ? ;)Kind regards,

Guest metamarty

Wow, I tried it out and it is fantastic! Why isn't this in the default flight simulator? Someone most have noticed head latency in real life/other games?Thanks!Marty

Guest WorkingStiff

I have a bit of a problem. Whenever I press CTRL+F4 to set Max. RPM for takeoff the Active Camera Configuration box pops up. How can I disable this?

Guest Anticyclone

Hi,Edit activecamera2002.cfg like this : Delete the line "Setup=F4,CONTROL"Replace by "Setup=F5,CONTROL,SHIFT"Save the cfg file.Next time the setup box will be called by CTRL-SHIFT-F5.If you want to assign another shortcut to the dialog box you can edit the cfg file. The procedure is documented in the "Explanation of the key assignments in the configuration file".Regards,

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks....will do.

I have a problem when I go to outside view. The plane or screen vibrates when on the ground and when in the air, I'm not right outside the aircraft. The plane is way out front and when I move the POV switch, it will move the plane closer but only from one angle. Everything else seem ok.

same problem here, the view of the plane vibrates too much and I can't change the angle of vision with my hat...

Mine also vibrates alot and I can't zoom out as far as I used to. Inlight of this I switched back to 1.3 for now. Hope its fixed soon.