Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Screen res not working

Okay, anybody had this before within FS2002.For some reason, my chosen resolution (1280x1024) is no longer working (fine in Windows, just not in FS). I've reset the display settings and 800x600 is fine, 1024x768 is fine, even 1600x??? is working but whenever I try the 1280x??? is defaults back to 640x480... [:0]I'm currently using my old card (GeForce DDR) and so I know I'm more limited with the specs but it has been running fine so far - my GF4Ti4600 had to go back for a warranty replacement but I experienced this very same problem a while ago with this card so it's not the card but FS for some reason.The only way I solved it last time was to re-install FS - I've got several aircraft installed and don't really want to go through this now.So, anyone have any ideas why a screen resolution that was working is suddenly not working? I just installed 727 Pro but in no way suspect that.Anyone?

Short of reinstalling FS, do you have the same problem if you backup/rename the FS2002.cfg and restart FS2002? -John

Guest RonB49

Have you tried putting the desired value into the FS2002.cfg file? Find the -- (look for square brackets around the word DISPLAY)-- section of the config file and locate the --MODE-- variable. Edit the line to read --MODE=1280x1024x32-- or --MODE=1280x1024x16If it worked before at this resolution then this should make it work that way again. The very same thing happened to me except it was 1024x768x32 which disappeared from my Options > Display menu.As an aside, 1280x1024 can cause some distortion of your display because it is not the 4:3 ratio that your monitor is designed for. Have you tried 1280x 960? You might like it better. R-