Sign in to follow this  
Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Active Camera...love it, but how do I get spot view?

When I change views in Active Camera, it seems I have two (2) fly-bys. I want to have a spot view (POV hat changes angle, but plane stays still), then I have the fly-by, then I go to cockpit and Virtual cockpit.Why 2 fly-bys? How can I configure this great program to give me that static spot view? The older Active Camera did it. Thanks, Stan

I love Active Camera, but the new version is buggy as a 737 in florida![h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith[/h5][h6]Are You Ready For The Next Great one? PMDG's 737NG is almost here![/h6][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3] [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Same here!! Went back to ActiveCameraPro 1.3.Outside weird bouncing view. Plus I liked when the text disappeared while in VC.

Guest odog

Works fantastic for me. lots of new features to learn. Check the options in the Alt bar. You have to read the directions this time. ha ha haI really,really,really like the approach view, it reminds me of RC days.i got the shakey view when i first tried it, but i changed the view in the options and it went away.be patient, play with the settings, its better than 1.3!joe

Would you please post your settings. Mine jumps all over the place and I lost my hat switch right and left views in the cockpit. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Stan,Since there is an option that enables mouse panning and zooming in spot plane view, UNCHECK the gradual transition option in the FS 2002 menu

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Randy and Carmine,UNCHECK the gradual transition option in the FS 2002 menu

I tried unchecking but it did not help and when I go back in the view options, gradual transitions is checked again? What else to try?

Serge, I really love your program. I can't understand why MS hasn'r included this amazing options inside the engine of their Sim...I only hope that the little issues with the "floating objects" and the terrain in the External View can be solved with the new version os FS. I would ask you too to add an option (maybe a shorcut)to "recalculate" the point of view in the approach view, because many times a building is between the plane and the camera. Maybe it's my fault, I'm not a great "approacher"... Or maybe this calculation could be automatic every X seconds (configuable in the options).Thank you, Serge for help us to enjoy many more of our great hobby

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Pepeillo,It is obvious that AC2002 will not work as it is with the upcoming FS since the dll is not programmed with the FS2K2 SDK. The actual issue is a conflict with the scenery tiles (and perhaps a limitation of our programming skills).The point of view during the final approach is computed at exactly 200 feet above the runway. The algoritm computes mainly the glide path and actual speed. If your short final approach is well performed you should be established on the runway axis at 200-300 feet AGL, with a 3

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Carmine,It seems some users have difficulties to "handle" the spot plane view parameters.Guillaume and I wish to give immediate feedback and updated the module a couple of hours ago.So to make things more simple here is what is done : - we added a new option in the AC2002 menu that enables the Active Camera Spot Plane view. To use the mouse panning and zooming in Spot plane view it will be mandatory to uncheck the gradual transition (FS2002 - Views - View options).- if this new option (that we named " Use mouse in spot view") is unchecked, THE FS DEFAULT SPOT PLANE VIEW will be active.So far we made tests with several friends and it seems everything is fine. We will upload the update later this week.If you wanna give a try beforehand send me an e-mail at sergeb@anticyclone.beRegards,

Thanks and appreciate your fast response!! I will email you to try it out. Thanks again.