Sign in to follow this  
flyboyandre

Water problem FS2004

Just recently I started experiencing some odd things with the water in my FS2004 installation. This picture shows Zinertek Ultimate Water Advanced and you can see how strange the textures are at distance. Looks great right below the plane. I've tried different water textures to no avail and I've tried to mess with the radius in the fs9.cfg settings.I tried a completely fresh install tonight and the same happened. All I have installed is Ultimate Terrain and GE Pro.Anyone experienced the same? Did you find a fix? It's just very annoying.fs92009-10-0223-54-45-57.jpgForgot to mention that I DO install everything as administrator. I'm quite experienced with the flight sim but I'm out of ideas.

Guest belga1

Hello,Something to do with two parameters (IMHO)Terrain extended textures (display options)Visibility distance (weather options)Ask for more if you don't understand about those parameters.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,Something to do with two parameters (IMHO)Terrain extended textures (display options)Visibility distance (weather options)Ask for more if you don't understand about those parameters.Regards.bye.gifGus.
I have set visibility distance to 60 miles and have extended textures enabled. However, I have played with visibility distance as well as activating/deactivating the extended textures.

How high are you?
I set the plane at 30000 feet on this one. Obviously I don't fly that high with a Cessna so I don't see this unless I fly a passenger Jet over the water. This doesn't seem to be an issue inlands.I'm starting to think it's something I will have to live with. It actually gets worse if I turn off the extended textures.

Guest belga1

Hello,A option for get rid of this is to reduce the visibility distance !Go in weather options and set a personal weather time. Make all the choices you need and important ... in visibility choice a distance like 30 miles less or more (make tests) and be sure this visibility layer is from the ground to EG 50.000 feets.Save this flight as default flight or not.(I suggest save as default)Make tests with differents visibility distances for find the one you likeAnyways .. each time you need this reduced visibility (and not seen your weird effect) you need to load this particular flight.Myself has set this flight as the default flight with the C-172 as plane (the best for the default flight for avoid problems when shift of plane after)Hope it's help.Regards.bye.gifGus.

How high are you?
HAHA, I read that question all wrong!! Glad someone else got it LOL... I guess the brain is not fully awake like the body yet :)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Gus, you mentioned limiting it to 30 miles visibility. I'll say that I have mine limited to 60 and have never had this effect occur, and I fly as high as FL410. So I believe the problem is beyond that. Maybe you can try the default water textures and see if problem is still there?

Guest belga1

Hello,red1 read again:

distance like 30 miles less or more (make tests)
My suggestion is not to limit the visibility distance only to 30 miles .. but "less or more"30 Miles is just a starting point for perform some tests.Like you suggest .. 60 miles make certainly a difference instead unlimited visibility.BTW I use also the Zinertek water mod and have not this weird visual problemRegards.bye.gifGus.

I ended up buying a registered version of FSUIPC and it solved my problems. As a matter of fact it made the whole thing look a lot more realistic in that the visibility tab in FSUIPC allows you to modify the visibility distance and it adds a much better feel overall. The built in visibility adjustments in FS9 doesn't do a good job but the power of FSUIPC did.I just started playing with it so I will do some more tweaking.Here are my visibility tab settings:Clear 3200Cloudy 3000Overcast 2000Rainy 1000So I used the ever faithful map option and brought my Cessna to 35000 feet and this is what I see now :)fs92009-10-0509-36-38-06.jpg

Well, exactly what I wanted to suggest, I didn't read this post since yesterday evening. I also do it with the FSUIPC. And the effect you have, it's the well known FS9 texture cross, which can't be avoided, only hidden.

Can someone help me my water has no reflection or animation what so ever 
Ive had this problem for so loooong 
​Nothing seems to work 

Ive been looking at the settings 
Scrolling up and down on the different 
Set all to max and the other way around 

Ive had this problem as far as i can remember 
So now i turn my hope to someone who can tell me what i can to 
Ive been thinking maybe im missing a file for the wave effect on the ocean surface "not at the beaches" 

Ive got fs2004 installed v9.1 

Computer: Acer Aspire M3800 

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU E5400  @ 2.70GHz  2.70GHz

Ram: 4GB

System windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 

HELP!!! 

This is a common problem on non-US Windows.

Are you using a danish Windows? If so then in Kontrolpanel you must select Internationale/sproglige indstillinger and then Engelsk(USA) in Formater. This must be done before you start FS.

Henning

"Henning" 
TUSINDE TAK!!!!! 
Jeg prøver lige og se om der har nogen forskel på mit FS 

"Henning"
Thank you so much 
I will give it at try and see if it does any difference on my FS  

-Martin