Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Texture Cache

Guest A32X

Sirs-What's the texture cache? Under World/scenery Library I can select a value. I have 512mb of RAM and I don't know what value to set. Also, under Vatsim with programs running in the background XP sometimes completely crashes to a bluescreen.Any advice?Paul

Guest nitram

Try selecting the 'default texture cache' (the 'X' does not mean it is deselected, but the opposite)Adjust your texture cache file to different settings and see how your sim runs.Try 128MB to start, but do not go up to the maximum as Fs2002 needs some 'room' to work! The value depends on how good your system runs although above 256MB it is usually a waste of time. Generally the higher the value, the bigger the scenery that is pre-loaded into 'faster' ram memory and the sim should pause less while running (that is the theory anyway!).As to the missing scenery, either you have installed something and it has over written the 'missing' files, or you have deleted something (requires re-installing of MS2002 or an addon scenery) or it is because of the deselected item above. Try the selecting the 'default texture cache first' before doing anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards Nitram

Guest nitram

What add-on scenery have you installed?

Guest A32X

Not a lot some ISD stuff freeware airports from avsim file library, I've started a "clean up" deleting scenery, aircraft addons in general.I may just wait for FS9 and put up with the error messages for now.

Guest nitram

Maybe your 'clean up' is the problem. The only solution is to re-install FS2002. Sometimes it is a blessing in disguise to remove some of those not so good addon's by doing a re-install. Good luck!!!!!!!

Guest A32X

May have found the problem SCENEDB/texture folder does not exsist! Can I get that folder and its content off the flightsim cds?

Guest nitram

Best to do a re-install!!!!!!!

There is no Texture Cache nor SCENEDBTexture folder with a default Fs2002 install. Some add-on has given you the problem. What happens if you delete the SCENEDBTexture entry from the scenery.cfg file and leave the box on the Texture Cache unchecked?Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Just edit the cfg file and remove the characters "scenedbtexture" following the Remote=.It may be prudent to save your cfg file before editing in case you make a mistake.The scenery cache is used only for those entries which have a none blank "Remote=" entry.

This error is caused by a required bgl file not being present. Have you de-selected any of your scenery?

You could also try ScanBGL by Lee Swordy. This will check the integrity of your scenery files. It is a freeware program probably available from the download section here.Wouldn't it be much easier if Microsoft were to provide more details of their simulators?