Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Preselect hdg and alt?

When I engage AP and hit alt or hdg mode the AP starts from present alt or hdg. This makes it impossible to preselect anything before I hit the buttons. This goes for the defaults and also PG's MDpanels. Is there a workaround this by editing the config file or?

Hi Anders,the only way to get the function you want, is to use a cutom-programmed autopilot, such as the ones contained in a lot of payware packages, like PIC, PSS, RFP, DF etc. Unfortunately, you can't just change the A/P behaviour by editing the .cfg, you'd have to reprogram the gauge itself.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest RonB49

What am I missing here? I often do what Anders is asking about without any problems at all. I have even enabled the autopilot, preset the cruise altitude, vertical speed, heading and airspeed while still on the runway, then started my take off roll. At VR I click Alt Hold and Airspeed Hold, let the plane get airborne, then hit Heading Hold, and let the plane fly itself up to cruise altitude. Have I missed the point or misunderstood the question? You must, of course, mouse click the buttons on the 2D panel. If you use the shortcut keys (Ctrl+h for heading and Ctrl+z for altitude, etc.) then those variables reset themselves to the current values. R-

Yupp you're right. I'm only using the buttons. (feels more realistic to me) Did a test with the mouse and it worked. Seems like I have to program Key2mouse to get like I want it.Tnx for the help.

Oh, I see. I thought you were referring to preselecting altitudes, headings etc. in flight with A/P active, for example, if you're cruising at FL350 and expect descent clearance soon, you'd dial in the lower altitude without the aircraft actually starting the descent, so once you got the clearance, you just hit FLCH or VNAV, and the aircraft will start descending.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg