Sign in to follow this  
werver

JS4100 + Flight1 ATR72-500 = crash

I have installed the Flight1 ATR and the PMDG JS4100 in FSX in both Windows XP and Windows 7.Before I installed the JS4100 I had no problems with the FMC, but after that, when the ATR was in the air and I pressed the VNAV key on the FMC, FSX crashed on both OS's on the F1ATRB.dll module.I uninstalled the ATR, did a fresh new installation from CD (= ATR + SP1) and installed the model-update. Problem still there. After uninstalling the JS4100, the problem was solved!!, again on both OS's.Werner Verwaal ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 (dual boot), Asus P5E, Intel Q9450, OCZ 2x2 GB, MSI 8800GTS 512MB, Geforce 191.03 beta + NHancer 2.5.5

I can confirm this too. I have the ATR with SP1 for FSX and the JS4100. Also with ASA SP1 and FSUIPC 4.5.3. The ATR always crashes when I activate the performance info in the FMC and click on next to enter the VNAV or PROG page, its's the same module that crashes. The JS4100 is stable, it only seems to affect the ATR for some reason. I am using Windows Vista 64-bit though.MJ

I can confirm this too. I have the ATR with SP1 for FSX and the JS4100. Also with ASA SP1 and FSUIPC 4.5.3. The ATR always crashes when I activate the performance info in the FMC and click on next to enter the VNAV or PROG page, its's the same module that crashes. The JS4100 is stable, it only seems to affect the ATR for some reason. I am using Windows Vista 64-bit though.MJ
Looks like some sort of compatilibity issue with one of the PMDG modules, which are loaded whenever FSX loads whether you fly a PMDG plane or not.There are three dll modules that are loaded with FSX: PMDGOptions.dll, PMDGEvents.dll, and PMDGSounds.dll. They are loaded because they are listed in the DLL.xml file.Here's a workaround to allow the ATR to run. Open the dll.xml file (located in username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX in Vista) with notepad. You should see this section of code in the file<Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>Change all three "False" values (which I have highlighted in boldface type) to "True" and the PMDG modules will not load with FSX, and the ATR should run OK. You will have to change the values back to "False" before running any PMDG acft in FSX, however.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Except none of those dlls are installed or used by the J41... those are used by the NG/744/MD11 and will not be used by any future PMDG products.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

i feel j41 is miles ahead of ATR, i have dumped my atr since the day i bought j41,its a better option than uninstalling ATRvivek

Given the ATR was for FS9 and made compatible with FSX, and the JS41 is native FSX, I would agree Vivek... I haven't even bothered putting the ATR on my FSX setup, the JS does it...Sorry that this is not an indication of any workaround or fix, but in my eyes reality...Andrew

Guest 413X3

well in all fairness to the ATR team that does show some sort of compatibility issue. And I wonder what other compatibility there might be with other addons?

Except none of those dlls are installed or used by the J41... those are used by the NG/744/MD11 and will not be used by any future PMDG products.
The modules are used by the NG...in FSX...really?The three aforementioned DLLs are the only PMDG modules I see being loaded absent loading the JS41 itself.So...for those having the problem, you might check that the JS41 isn't loading as part of your default flight...in general any advanced add-on should be loaded after a default aircraft. Use of the Disable_Preload option in your fsx.cfg might be advised as well.It also might be worth checking to see if your FSUIPC version has changed after the install.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The modules are used by the NG...in FSX...really?
Ryan used a broad brush, they are used by the NG in FS9. There are 3 dynamic link libraries loaded for the JS41, different from the earlier products.

Dan Downs KCRP

To clarify,In FSX, the three dlls are used by the 744X and MD-11, in FS9 they're used by all three.The dlls that the J41 uses are the actual aircraft gauges (which are .gau files in FS9), they're not support modules the way the other three are.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

to w6kd!!

THANKS!!!

I realize this is many years old, but this fixed my problem!!!

I can now fly my Flight1 ATR without CTDs!! I'm using FSX Steam! All settings maximum. I never load the default plane, I just jump right in.

Disabling those three PMDG modules in the dll.xml file fixed my problem.

Thanks!!! I  hope to share this with anyone else trying to run the old F1 ATR. It was/is a great plane!!