Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

A Tribute To Minor FS2002 Annoyances

Guest Joshieca

Not to poke fun of the nice articles written by AVSIM about FS2002, I really do like FS2002, but I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about the minor annoyances of FS2002. Like any large scale software application there are bound to be some errors, glitches, etc. that drive you crazy. So, since Microsoft employees check out this forum several times a week (I know this for a fact - thank you damn N.D.A. :) ), anyways, the hopes are to keep this on somewhat of a professional level and not to start any sort of flame wars. Just list out your top five things which bug you, with the hopes that they might be corrected in FS2004 and should be addressed for FS2006.So here goes....5) ATC Twin Voices - You would think that the software could recognize when a pilot is using one voice and NOT to have a controller on the same frequency with the SAME voice.4) ATC Follow Airways - It should now be possible for AI traffic which fly high altitude IFR, to follow proper jet ways, instead of direct GPS. 3) ATC Clearance Delivery - Lets hope that a proper clearance delivery is presented in future versions of the simulator. I know that it would be impossible to put ever little detail of each airports departure in the system. But they should be able to come up with a SDK (Software Development Kit) which always users to correct the vectors given by ATC for arrival and departures. That would a be a great way to add a sense of proper realism into the sim.2) ATC Speed Restrictions - Ever flown a small plane into a crowded airport, only to have a jet land right on top of you? Then you can see the need for ATC to give proper speed restrictions (for both you and AI traffic).1) Horizontal Cloud Deck Line - This one really takes the cake. You should know what I am talking about here. That line of clear sky at the horizon when you are flying under a cloud deck. In Southern California especially you can have a marine layer of clouds which go on for hundreds of miles. For some reason, FS2002 seemed to have a clear blue layer always on the horizon. I guess its just wishful thinking. (You know, always bluer on the horizon :) )There are mine, just wondering whats yours...[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

And another thread about people who have been minor annoyances because of their complaints about FS2002 :-lolDavid

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

This sounds like talking about your x wife or former boss/job. Not important to me. To anyone?Trolling?

Guest Joshieca

>This sounds like talking about your x wife or former>boss/job. >>Not important to me. To anyone?>>Trolling?Yeah maybe the moderator should ban you! Yet once again other reason nothing serious can be "discussed" on AVSIM....too bad! :-(